Author Topic: Hands free night vision?  (Read 2641 times)

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hands free night vision?
« on: March 22, 2008, 08:52:10 AM »
I have been looking for a hands free night vision rig for some time. Have experience with the older Owl Eye hand held units, but want something easier to move with. There is a lot on the market, and I know you get what you pay for, but what have any members used that you can get as a now-civillian user at a reasonable price? Primarily used for night foot patrol.
Thanks, Mac.
Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

CurrieS103

• NRA Life Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Hands free night vision?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 03:01:47 PM »
Optics Planet has about the lowest prices I have found for a lot of stuff.  Check it out.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/nightvision.html
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. - George Washington

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 03:19:23 PM »
The only ones I have used were the Litton, ( pricey ) headset with one lens, they work well, but depth perception is a problem when walking through obstacles, bump into stuff alot. I don't know the part # but 10 years ago they went for 3500 new and could be found for 2800 used.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 06:39:27 AM »
Thanks guys. I have looked at the Optics Planet site before and ordered some mid priced Gen 3 Night Owl hand held units before. They are too heavy and not adaptable to hands free use. Anyone looked at the SuperVision units? The ad looks good, but it is not in any military application I know of. There are so many choices and no place close to me to try them out.

For what it's worth, I received a sample of Montana Extreme bore solvent last month and it is very effective in removing copper fouling with little effort. You will need ventilation! Strong stuff.
Mac.
Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk