Author Topic: Parts Kits Recommendations  (Read 2430 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
Parts Kits Recommendations
« on: September 02, 2011, 09:35:44 PM »
OK...I've been perusing parts kits and I kinda think I oughta get one or two.  www.HkParts.net has some cool, but expensive kits...I'm really eyeing up the Sig 552 and their MP5 kits and flats.  Out of my price range I'm afraid, so I need something more reasonable like an AK 47 or74 kit maybe an FAL. 

Can anyone suggest good sources of kits?

Thanks,
Ken
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Parts Kits Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 08:08:06 PM »
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 08:18:20 PM »
To form the flat receiver you need a real  press brake, a box brake may not have enough pressure and some one who knows what they are doing or you will go through several flats before it's usable. You should also bend the narrow front and rear first so you have room to get tooling into the receiver for the 2 long bends.
Measure the distance to the bottom of a complete receiver, then subtract 1/3 material thickness, this is your bend allowance, or how much the material will stretch during forming.
The Trunnions must be absolutely straight when welded or you might as well just throw the whole receiver away.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 05:58:46 AM »
Thanks. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk