Author Topic: Herman Cain  (Read 31937 times)

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Herman Cain
« Reply #110 on: October 13, 2011, 03:25:25 PM »
For me, just one.   The one listed in your legal reference that comes right after the Tribunal rules that he is an unlawfull enemy combatant.
And I do believe a trial is necessary where called for.  Trials have formal procedures for entering evidence.  "Everyone knows" or "It is a stated fact" alone are not evidence.  Let the evidence be submitted formally in the trail that is specified in this law.

And the tribunal was held, behind closed doors, with the determination in early 2010 that he WAS an enemy combatant, therefore a target.  I just didn't list the entire timeline, since it's moot, the end result is still the same.  

This is a forum of intelligent individuals, with strong opinions of how our government SHOULD be run.  We may not always agree with what happens, or with each other, but at the end of the day the discussions give all of us a better understanding of the process.  There are parts of that process that HAVE to be kept from the general population, no matter how "illegal" it appears to those not directly involved.  At no point do they have to present the case to the open population.  This isn't the OJ trial, with the world watching.  We may not like it, but we should respect the fact that we are not allowed to know EVERYTHING for our own safety.  

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” -George Orwell  
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #111 on: October 13, 2011, 03:26:13 PM »
and I'd agree if I expected common sense from the government instead of abuses of power.

In actuality you got it. They whacked Al Awlaki. It was the common sense play to make.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: October 13, 2011, 03:28:17 PM »
There are parts of that process that HAVE to be kept from the general population, no matter how "illegal" it appears to those not directly involved.  At no point do they have to present the case to the open population.  This isn't the OJ trial, with the world watching.  We may not like it, but we should respect the fact that we are not allowed to know EVERYTHING for our own safety.

Excellent point. The public's "right to know" does not always extend into such matters.

Herknav

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2011, 06:13:47 PM »
It looks like the Republicans will get the White House regardless of who they run based on Hussein's miserable performance, which appears to be getting worse every day.

I wish I shared your optimism.  I don't think we should underestimate the Republicans' inability to field a candidate with more job suitability than a bucket of warm urine.  It's tough to beat an incumbent, and it's tougher to beat one that has the media on its side.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2011, 06:32:04 PM »
I wish I shared your optimism.  I don't think we should underestimate the Republicans' inability to field a candidate with more charisma than a bucket of warm urine.  It's tough to beat an incumbent, and it's tougher to beat one that has the media on its side.

Normally I would agree with you, but not this time. The Republicans won't have to beat this incumbent because he has already beaten himself. I keep on saying this because it is a fact. No incumbent American President has ever been reelected with an unemployment rate over 7.5% since Roosevelt. Hussein has it even worse. Every day gets worse than the last. If things continue the dems might even run someone else rather than run the risk of losing not only the Presidency, but the Senate as well. His own party wants him less than the Republicans do. He went from being their darling to their doom. The media can't prop up sap. It runs too much.

Sponsor

« Reply #115 on: Today at 09:02:34 AM »

seeker_two

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: October 13, 2011, 07:12:06 PM »
Back to the OT....

Anyone else got a better idea?....
Why, yes....I'm the right-wing extremist Obama warned you about... ;D

I just wish Texas was as free and independent as everyone thinks it is...   :'(

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #116 on: October 13, 2011, 07:13:58 PM »
In actuality you got it. They whacked Al Awlaki. It was the common sense play to make.

and you expect this to be the start of a long string of good common sense moves?

We aren't going to come to an agreement here.  

I don't think the government should violate legal procedures and the law when I like the reason they are doing it, and you do.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #117 on: October 13, 2011, 07:19:35 PM »
And the tribunal was held, behind closed doors, with the determination in early 2010 that he WAS an enemy combatant, therefore a target.  I just didn't list the entire timeline, since it's moot, the end result is still the same.  

This is a forum of intelligent individuals, with strong opinions of how our government SHOULD be run.  We may not always agree with what happens, or with each other, but at the end of the day the discussions give all of us a better understanding of the process.  There are parts of that process that HAVE to be kept from the general population, no matter how "illegal" it appears to those not directly involved.  At no point do they have to present the case to the open population.  This isn't the OJ trial, with the world watching.  We may not like it, but we should respect the fact that we are not allowed to know EVERYTHING for our own safety.  

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” -George Orwell  

Please don't put words in my mouth.  Show me were I have said the trial should be open and covered by MSM.  I said that the law called for a trial and one  should be held in the presence of reliable witnesses, not open to the public or with full disclosure.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty for a little Temporary Safety deserve neither Liberty or Safety."  Ben Franklin
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: October 13, 2011, 08:17:37 PM »
and you expect this to be the start of a long string of good common sense moves?

We've been killing these guys for years. Where have you been? We just whacked another one today. Just 10 minutes ago on O'Reilly, Megyn Kelly, (who holds a law degree), said it would be perfectly legal for the President to use drones to kill Iranian leaders in Iran. Yeah I know they're not "citizens". I think beside you and Tom, no one else cares. So we'll put you two in charge of worrying about it.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: October 13, 2011, 08:30:55 PM »
Anyone else got a better idea?....

The tax code needs reforming, but "9-9-9" isn't it. Third grade arithmetic can prove why. It instantly puts a 18% burden on the average American. Far more when you factor in a state sales tax, which in many states can be up to 10%. When the numbers are crunched, and his opponents start picking it apart like Santorum has started to already, this whole thing is going to be a ball and chain around Cain's neck.

It's ill conceived and neither House will EVER buy into it. Nor should they because it allows the government to tax you both ways. Now they can only tax your income. Under this abortion they can tax both your income, as well as your spending. If passed how long do you think the national sales tax would remain at just 9%? In no time it would be raised to 10%, then 11%. This thing would be a financial disaster to the average American who is struggling now. 9% on your income, plus another 9% on virtually everything you buy outside of food and medicine. And trust me, once the government gets their hand in the till for 9% of your purchases, they'll tax your chow and pills as well. They pissed away our Social Security, and robbed Medicare dry. Don't think for a second food and medicine are off the table.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk