Author Topic: Accuracy matters  (Read 4580 times)

tombogan03884

Accuracy matters
« on: October 19, 2011, 11:19:10 AM »
Would your groups be good enough for this, or would you wind up killing your kid  ?

http://news.yahoo.com/clerk-kills-robber-grabbed-daughter-102801527.html

NAPLES, Fla. (AP) — Sheriff's officials in southwest Florida say a clerk at a 24-hour food store shot and killed a man who tried to rob her and take her 1-year-old daughter.

Store owner Del Ackerman told the Naples Daily News (http://bit.ly/rnKaJe ) his granddaughter shot the man after he stormed into the store Tuesday afternoon and demanded money and grabbed the stroller that held her baby.

Authorities say 22-year-old Elizabeth Easterly was alone in the store with her 1- and 2-year-old daughters. Collier County Sheriff's spokesman Jamie Mosbach says the man was acting erratically before the incident.

Mosbach says the clerk shot the man as he headed toward the door with the child. He was taken to a hospital where he died of his injuries.

The sheriff's department is investigating.

This is why I say the smaller you keep your groups in training the better.
You may not be presented with a target that allows for the larger groups many think good enough.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Accuracy matters
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 12:52:29 PM »
Here is a more in depth article:

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2011/oct/18/deputies-responding-possible-shooting-dels-24-hour/

and here is a 'strange' quote from the clerk.

As the man made for the front door with the child, Easterly did just as she had been taught — she drew a gun and aimed for the would-be robber’s knee, Ackerman said.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 01:10:44 PM »

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2011/oct/18/deputies-responding-possible-shooting-dels-24-hour/

If she was aiming for his knee then maybe accuracy is overrated. ;D I think maybe she did as she was trained and SAID she was aiming for his knee. "Honestly officer, I just wanted to shoot him in the leg. The fact that there were two in the chest and one in the head? I was just so scared and confused I must have missed. Oops, I'm so sorry." ;)
FQ13

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 01:47:58 PM »

Hmmm...wonder where she was taught that?

However, if she did  hit the knee she was aiming at while the guy was moving, I'd say she is either a good shot or a luck one.

If the kid was still in the stroller and it was being pulled rather than carried, I'd have gone for a torso or head shot.  If he had picked it up and was clutching it to his chest, the leg shot would have been safer.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 02:39:10 PM »
Actually, she flunked the anatomy test in Biology!  She was actually aiming at the chest.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:59:10 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 02:41:19 PM »
I'm sorry Officer, I thought that spot between the eyes was called the "nee".    ;D

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 02:53:34 PM »
Actually, she flunked the anatomy test in Biology!  She was actually aiming at the chest. chesitcles.

Richard

Fixed it...
He who dares wins.  SAS

Timothy

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 03:41:19 PM »
Might she have aimed for the knee and hit him in the thigh thereby severing the femoral artery?

I didn't read the article...

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 07:14:35 PM »
Might she have aimed for the knee and hit him in the thigh thereby severing the femoral artery?

I didn't read the article...

The articles I read didn't say, but I thought that a possibility.  It did mention blood on the baby carriage, his shoes, pants and ground....so something made him leak pretty bad.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk