Author Topic: ruger charger 22lr  (Read 9340 times)

tombogan03884

Re: ruger charger 22lr
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 12:49:32 PM »
OK,  UGLY "high-tech polymer"

Sorry, couldn't resist.

WOW ! You and Hawkfish are going to start going around like TAB and Hazcat.  I hope this doesn't get ugly  ;D

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 06:12:37 PM »

WOW ! You and Hawkfish are going to start going around like TAB and Hazcat.  I hope this doesn't get ugly  ;D

I'm with you Tom....those plastic Glocks are extremely reliable weapons...I hope this doesn't escalate just because people are sensitive to Glocks being butt ugly.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 07:09:43 PM »
Anybody have one or shot one? I figure the tried and true 10/22 action in this gun otta be good!

My squirrel gettin gun is the Remington 597 - I love it! Accurate as hell and have never had a single malfunction in approx 1,000 rounds so far. Did I mention it is just as much gun as the 10/22 at a fraction of the cost?
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2008, 07:10:13 PM »
I'm with you Tom....those plastic Glocks are extremely reliable weapons...I hope this doesn't escalate just because people are sensitive to Glocks being butt ugly.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

tombogan03884

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2008, 12:33:25 AM »
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

In the case of locks, beauty is it the eye of the holder

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 11:17:32 PM »

HAWKFISH

• Top Forum Member
  • One thing I've learned. **"It's hit or be hit."**
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 12:25:44 PM »
Yeah, but Glocks are beautiful..  :)  Kinda like an AR-15 version of a pistol or something. All black polymer and metal..  with nice lines..great shooters...ahhh..  ::)    Anyway.. something to look at too as Ericire12 noted.. the new Remington 597's are awesome. If you get a new one or the newer magazines, then they don't have the feeding problems of the past, or at least mine hasn't. And now you can buy 30rd. 22LR mags for them, made by Remington. They are new for 2008. I think when people figure out the value, accuracy, and that there is a 10/22 alternative..that it will become more popular..   but we'll have to wait and see..just like with the charger...

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2008, 12:55:10 PM »
Yeah, but Glocks are beautiful..  :)  Kinda like an AR-15 version of a pistol or something. All black polymer and metal..  with nice lines..great shooters...ahhh..  ::)    Anyway.. something to look at too as Ericire12 noted.. the new Remington 597's are awesome. If you get a new one or the newer magazines, then they don't have the feeding problems of the past, or at least mine hasn't. And now you can buy 30rd. 22LR mags for them, made by Remington. They are new for 2008. I think when people figure out the value, accuracy, and that there is a 10/22 alternative..that it will become more popular..   but we'll have to wait and see..just like with the charger...

Even the older ones shoot great as long as you are using a new mag.... all the problems they were having was because the mags originally were crap.

Do you have a link on where to find the 30 rd mags for the 597? I would love to pick one  or two up.

wisconsin

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2008, 10:51:41 PM »
One of the guys brought one in to indoor range the other day. Shoots well enough, but of course thats indoor. I'll say its different looking with that bi pod. Everyone that shot it liked it. Its a little different for my taste though. But it is a Ruger.
" I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."   John Wayne

HAWKFISH

• Top Forum Member
  • One thing I've learned. **"It's hit or be hit."**
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2008, 07:41:47 AM »
ericire12 ........here is where I got mine from: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MAG215-19500-1040.html I hope that link works. If not go to www.cheaperthandirt.com and type in 597 mag in search and it will pull it up. There are other places on the internet that sell the "made by Remington" ones. They come in black or clear. ***Beware though the Eagle 30rd. ones are different and do not work from what I hear.***  That is why I order mine from cheaperthandirt. Midway didn't have them in stock when I went looking for them or I would have bought it there. I know of a few other online shopping places that have them sometimes, but I have had good luck with cheaperthandirt. You can also google 597 30rd. mag and you'll get some results. Anyway here is the link for the clear one too: ww.cheaperthandirt.com/MAG216-65772-1338.html  I hope that helps some. I got a feeling once word spreads about the new mags working ..the 597's will take off.

Mofine1

• Forum Member
  • Just lettin the high times carry the low
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 08:25:33 AM »

I've had a Charger about two weeks and I love it.  Backs messed up so I can't shoot freehand; don't use bi-pod, just a beanbag. Sweet piece.  Like everything else theres room for improvement but I'm happy. 
 My biggest complaint is trigger pull,....needs to be about half as factory.  Working on that   ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk