Author Topic: A new BBWB for SigP238 Tell Me What You Think  (Read 9406 times)

denster

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
A new BBWB for SigP238 Tell Me What You Think
« on: November 22, 2011, 10:12:54 PM »
This is a design I came up with today for the Sig P238. My usual method of making between the belt and waistband holsters wouldn't work due to the Sigs size. This one is made of 6/7 Hermann Oak. With the neutral cant it carries well from 1:00 to 5:00 strong side and is useful crossdraw over to about 10:00. It rides fairly high so it should clear the hip swell with the ladies. Let me know what you guys think. See anything I need to change?

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Re: A new BBWB for SigP238 Tell Me What You Think
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 10:27:39 PM »
Never tried between the belt carry (I need 'extra' belt for that), but the holster looks good.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

denster

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 10:44:00 PM »
Never tried between the belt carry (I need 'extra' belt for that), but the holster looks good.

Thanks pegleg. Actually you don't need anymore belt than you would for IWB or with most pancake designs.

Dalton Masterson

• Freeda Bee Mee's driver and ammo loader
  • Very Active Forum Member
    • Dalton Masterson's site
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 11:05:44 PM »
Looks good Denster!
DM
Proprietor of Plum Creek Leather Works - Old West Gunleather
http://www.freewebs.com/daltonmasterson/plumcreekleatherworks.htm
Friend of www.runniron.com
SASS #51139L
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 08:15:58 AM »
Not sure of the advantage of the BBWB holster over IWB.

I guess you only need a larger belt and not waist band?

I might have an advantage over standard belt carry in that it will be held tighter to the body like an IWB carry.

It appears to be less concealed than an IWB, with more of the holster showing and more of the belt loop than some models of IWB.

Is it designed to be an improvement over standard belt carry, but not an advantage if you already have an IWB that works for you?

Thanks and take care.

P.S.  I guess there would be less of a moisture transfer than IWB, but no chance of being "Tuckable"
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:40:41 PM »

Sparky

• Active Forum Member
    • Midwest Leather Works
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 08:23:02 AM »
I really like that design Denster.  I see the advantage of that, it would ride a lot tighter to the body than just a regular OWB holster.  Nice job....

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 10:01:43 AM »
Thanks pegleg. Actually you don't need anymore belt than you would for IWB or with most pancake designs.

I quit carrying via my Blocker #12 IWB years ago .....seemed my belt kept shrinking. (!!!)   ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

denster

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 10:03:04 AM »
Not sure of the advantage of the BBWB holster over IWB.

I guess you only need a larger belt and not waist band?

I might have an advantage over standard belt carry in that it will be held tighter to the body like an IWB carry.

It appears to be less concealed than an IWB, with more of the holster showing and more of the belt loop than some models of IWB.

Is it designed to be an improvement over standard belt carry, but not an advantage if you already have an IWB that works for you?

Thanks and take care.

It is more secure, without retention straps, than OWB. Not a decided advantage over IWB except it gives you the option of carrying at more locations on the body and some folks, myself included, find IWB uncomfortable. You are right about not having larger trousers. As to tuckable I am not a fan of tuckable holsters. That is a matter of opinion and YMMV. Designing holsters, in my opinion, is about giving folks options.

P.S.  I guess there would be less of a moisture transfer than IWB, but no chance of being "Tuckable"

denster

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 10:04:54 AM »
I quit carrying via my Blocker #12 IWB years ago .....seemed my belt kept shrinking. (!!!)   ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Damn don't you hate it when that happens? I thought I was the only one with a magic shrinking belt ;D

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2011, 10:19:30 AM »
Solus,

For me it is a comfort thing.  I carry IWB 99% of the time.  However, when I'm not wearing a T-shirt the leather against my bare skin, and there is a lot of it, can be uncomfortable.  If I don't like the feel I just move the gun outside the pants but still under the belt.

BBWB negates the benefit of IWB, and with the holsters I have it adds no security of the gun over OWB.

Personal preference is what it comes down to, but that is 110% of all carry choices isn't it?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk