Author Topic: Cheap Survival Rifle  (Read 5982 times)

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Cheap Survival Rifle
« on: December 18, 2011, 11:50:42 AM »
I was futzing around on the net and ran across this. It seems Henry is making a new version of the old US Airforce AR-7. Its a collabsible 8 round .22 lr. The barrel, mag and ammo stow in the stock at a lenghth of a little over 16". The whole thing weighs less than 4 pounds, and it floats when stowed. The best part? They are going for $215 new. Not a bad thing to throw in the boat or behind the back seat.
FQ13
http://www.fleetfarm.com/catalog/product_detail/hunting/firearms/rifles/henry-u-s-survival-ar-7?utm_source=googleps&utm_medium=shopping%2Bsearch&utm_campaign=google%2Bproduct%20search

Timothy

Re: Cheap Survival Rifle
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 11:53:14 AM »
Buy two and send one to me!

Everything stows in the butt!  Kind of like ah....um....er.....

never mind!

;D

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 12:02:50 PM »
Buy two and send one to me!

Everything stows in the butt!  Kind of like ah....um....er.....

never mind!

;D
Just because you live in Mass. again doesn't mean you need to obsess over Barney Frank. ;) Personally, I'd rather go with the Kel-Tec folder, but for the money and with the flotation feature, its something I would think about if I were doing an extended wilderness canoe trip.
FQ13

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 01:13:46 PM »
Just because you live in Mass. again doesn't mean you need to obsess over Barney Frank. ;)

LOL! ;D
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Timothy

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 01:16:28 PM »
Barney is more of an abscess on the ass of Massachusetts.  I never lived in his gerrymandered district anyway!

8)

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:01:28 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 02:06:33 PM »
The AR 7 is a great little rifle, but it is kind of a bastard child.
Originally it was marketed by Armalite, then it kind of faded away to be resurrected by Charter Arms and then faded away only to turn up in the Henry catalog.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 02:52:08 PM »
Charter Arms also made a pistol version called the Explorer II. It didn't float.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 03:37:53 PM »
The "butt" needs more room.   In the original you could only store one magazine.  I'd like to be able to store at least 2 and 50 rounds of ammo. 

But, I had one when I had an outboard.    Thought it was a good thing, at the time.  Now, I'm thinking a cheap handgun (maybe a surplus 9x18) in a watertight, floating bag would have been a better, more effective choice.    If there's a sudden threat getting the AR-7 assembled could be an undoing.  Plus for self-defense, I'd rather have a 9mm than a .22lr.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 05:02:44 PM »
The idea behind the AR 7 wasn't for SD it like the Air Force "Survival rifle" was more focused toward shooting rabbits and the like for food.

For the surplus 9X18 check out J&G Sales CZ 82 or Makarovs $209 CZ 83 (380 ) $239 Tokarevs $199

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2011, 05:57:14 PM »
http://www.fleetfarm.com/catalog/product_detail/hunting/firearms/rifles/henry-u-s-survival-ar-7?utm_source=googleps&utm_medium=shopping%2Bsearch&utm_campaign=google%2Bproduct%20search

Someone at Mills finally got their head out of their corporate ass and the "Sporting Goods" dept. is now selling some kick-ass stuff, including <gasp!> handguns. They have Tapco stuff, Magpul etc., even a fairly expensive ($1000+) ARs. Up until earlier this year they sold mostly Fudd guns with Moisins and AKs in one cabinet.

I have one just down the road . . . .  ;D
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk