Author Topic: Pizza Hut driver suspended from his job after he shot an armed robber  (Read 10443 times)

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: Pizza Hut driver suspended from his job after he shot an armed robber
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2008, 05:21:14 PM »
The driver was, in fact, fired.  Pizza Hut is apparently concerned about litigational exposure if they allow their employees to go armed while on company time.  Sadly that's not an unreasonable fear in our litigious society.  That being said, however, it is at best unfortunate that they have taken that stance.

As for me and mine, we are now exclusively customers of Pizza Ranch!!!  (although they probably have the same assinine policy)

I feel SO blessed to have an employer who not only is aware that I carry during working hours, but actually ENCOURAGES me to do so!!
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

tombogan03884

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2008, 12:07:41 AM »
The driver was, in fact, fired.  Pizza Hut is apparently concerned about litigational exposure if they allow their employees to go armed while on company time.  Sadly that's not an unreasonable fear in our litigious society.  That being said, however, it is at best unfortunate that they have taken that stance.

As for me and mine, we are now exclusively customers of Pizza Ranch!!!  (although they probably have the same assinine policy)

I feel SO blessed to have an employer who not only is aware that I carry during working hours, but actually ENCOURAGES me to do so!!

You are lucky. Where I work the Corporate rule is NO WEAPONS. even in vehicles. The policy at our facility is if you don't say anything how will they know. Other places I worked we used to bring our "new" rifles in and clean the cosmoline out in the parts washer ;D

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2008, 12:31:04 AM »
The policy where I work is carry is encouraged and if you don't have one they  will provide.

I am self employed.  ;D
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

tombogan03884

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2008, 12:56:18 AM »
The policy where I work is carry is encouraged and if you don't have one they  will provide.

I am self employed.  ;D

And you work for a slave driver  ;D
With your new Ishy I bet you wish you had access to my old company  ;D

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2008, 01:37:23 AM »

And you work for a slave driver  ;D
With your new Ishy I bet you wish you had access to my old company  ;D

Sorry Tom, don't remember.  What company was that?
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Sponsor

tombogan03884

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2008, 11:15:37 AM »
Sorry Tom, don't remember.  What company was that?

The one with the big parts washer full of mineral spirits ;D Don't have that at the current job, our biggest part is 1/2 inch long. I used to make metal chips bigger than these parts. At least you don't break your foot if you drop a part ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk