Author Topic: How to buy a suppressor  (Read 50077 times)

lcambre

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: How to buy a suppressor
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2014, 02:44:28 PM »
You can leave an NFA item behind.  But if it is individually owned by you, then it would need to be in  a locked container that the person it is left with can't access it.  Or in the ATF's words:

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/national-firearms-act-firearms.html
Q: If an individual is changing his or her State of residence and the individual’s application to transport the NFA firearm cannot be approved because of a prohibition in the new State, what options does a lawful possessor have?

NFA firearms may be left in a safe deposit box in his or her former State of residence. Also, the firearm could be left or stored in the former State of residence at the house of a friend or relative in a locked room or container to which only the registered owner has a key. The friend or relative should be supplied with a copy of the registration forms and a letter from the owner authorizing storage of the firearm at that location.

lcambre

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2014, 02:53:40 PM »
Also for going to MA as a gun owner the short answer is don't do it.  I am saying this as a person who took a job in MA and moved to a home in southern NH.  There are a number of things that are illegal for you to bring there.  Silencers, post 94 assault weapons and post 94 high capacity magazines would top the list.  There are other things like pre 94 assault weapons and magazines that you can have but you will need to get a license. Before deciding on a move you should understand both what is legal to own there and also the MA licensing rules.

Timothy

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2014, 03:19:25 PM »
Also for going to MA as a gun owner the short answer is don't do it.  I am saying this as a person who took a job in MA and moved to a home in southern NH.  There are a number of things that are illegal for you to bring there.  Silencers, post 94 assault weapons and post 94 high capacity magazines would top the list.  There are other things like pre 94 assault weapons and magazines that you can have but you will need to get a license. Before deciding on a move you should understand both what is legal to own there and also the MA licensing rules.

I live in MA at present and for the next 8-10 years at least and I agree you should do your homework prior to making a decision.  Yes, licensing is required for any gun ownership other than a muzzle loading firearm but I've been told by my local PD and a local SP that pre 94 guns are legal if brought in from out of state as are magazines bur you MUST gain a license within "X" amount of days after gaining residency!

Still, it's advisable to call the Firearms Bureau at the number I listed previously to get the latest and greatest encumbrances on our 2nd Amendment rights here in the Peoples Republic!

Firearms Bureau directly @ (617) 660-4780 or the AG's office in Boston.

tombogan03884

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2014, 04:15:40 PM »
Property taxes in NH are lower,there's no state income tax or sales tax and in the original colonies Southern NH isn't THAT far from RI or Conn, never mind anyplace in Mass.
And NH gun laws are more lenient than any other state that requires a CCW .
(Granted, Ariz and Alaska have us on that one.  ;D  )

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk