Author Topic: Concealed Carry options....  (Read 7657 times)

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Concealed Carry options....
« on: January 02, 2012, 05:24:23 AM »
Not sure if this has been asked before, but I would like to have the CCW options (and the weapons they choose) of the individuals shown in BD, SG and etc. and explained in the CC segment.  I have never seen anyone carry IWB in the appendix position and was wondering about it.

Thanks,

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Concealed Carry options....
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 08:39:20 PM »
I just watched the trailer MH posted in Best Defense and the new guy was carrying IWB Appendix FWIW.

I can't carry that way because of a genetic obstacle- my beLLY.

;D
He who dares wins.  SAS

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 09:07:42 AM »
I've been watching Mike Seeklander with his appendix carry, and all I can think of is that that has to be beyond uncomfortable and down right painful.  Even without my overhang, how do you sit or bend over without driving the grip and muzzle into soft tissue?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 09:43:38 AM »
I've been watching Mike Seeklander with his appendix carry, and all I can think of is that that has to be beyond uncomfortable and down right painful.  Even without my overhang, how do you sit or bend over without driving the grip and muzzle into soft tissue?

Cross draw is fast to access and relatively comfortable even with a full size 1911.
However, keeping the grip close to the body for concealment requires a stiff holster, very good belt, and probably a bulkier cover garment.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 09:58:55 AM »
Cross draw is fast to access and relatively comfortable even with a full size 1911.
However, keeping the grip close to the body for concealment requires a stiff holster, very good belt, and probably a bulkier cover garment.

Tom,

Take a look at the photo in the slideshow on DRTV's homepage.  Mike is not carrying crossdraw.  The gun is vertical IWB appendix.  It is easy to conceal there, and the draw is quick and easy, but ... OUCH!!!

I have put my IWB holster in that position to try it, and I can't.  It must work somehow for Mike or he wouldn't do it.  However, I'd like to hear a report from someone with a skinny butt like yours how it feels to bend over at the waist or to sit down with a gun of any size in that position.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:32:34 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 10:36:36 AM »

Tom,

Take a look at the photo in the slideshow on DRTV's homepage.  Mike is not carrying crossdraw.  The gun is vertical IWB appendix.  It is easy to conceal there, and the draw is quick and easy, but ... OUCH!!!

I have put my IWB holster in that position to try it, and I can't.  It must work somehow for Mike or he wouldn't do it.  However, I'd like to hear a report from someone with a skinny butt like yours how it feels to bend over at the waist or to sit down with a gun of any size in that position.

It was presented as an alternative.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk