Poll

It's summer 2012 and violent riots are breaking out across the nation supported by leftist & liberals.  What do you do?

Avoid the cities and let them burn.
28 (63.6%)
Bring marshmallows to the bonfire.
7 (15.9%)
Something else.
9 (20.5%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: SUMMER MELTDOWN 2012 ? ?  (Read 39251 times)

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: SUMMER MELTDOWN 2012 ? ?
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2012, 05:50:55 PM »
I'm predicting a huge battle in the courts ala 2000. With rampant accusations of voter intimidation, fraud and disenfranchisement.

Which party do you see doing the accusing?  Or do you think both will?
He who dares wins.  SAS

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2012, 06:07:59 PM »

Both will accuse.  One to obfuscate the other because it was perpetrated upon them.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2012, 11:52:20 PM »
Both will accuse.  One to obfuscate Obamascate the other because it was perpetrated upon them.

FIFY

;D
He who dares wins.  SAS

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 02:40:42 AM »
My bet is that they will use any excuse they can think of to delay, and ultimately suspend elections and the entire constitution indefinitely.
Seriously? With the current crop of GOP candidates? Lets assume BO is an evil bastard and is willing to this. Lets go one step further and assume he has the infrastructure to make a solid go of it. Fine. What are the odds of him succeeding? Look again at Mitt, Newt et. al.. Would you say that any on of them have a better than fifty percent chance of winning a fre election? Factor in the average level of incumbent advantage and voter apathy, and I'd say even the evil version of BO would be better advised to play it straight. His odds of winning are simply better. I mean who here has donated money to Mitt or Newt? Who's going to man a phone bank or go door to door? Crickets.
FQ13

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 06:18:20 AM »
My bet is that they will use any excuse they can think of to delay, and ultimately suspend elections and the entire constitution indefinitely.

The Constitution is in reckless disregard.  Suspending the elections would be equivalent to a TKO.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 01:08:35 PM »

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 07:24:45 AM »
The Constitution is in reckless disregard.  Suspending the elections would be equivalent to a TKO.

Absolutely correct, Rastus. However, suspending the Constitution is almost completely unnecessary at this point. Given the illegal actions of most of the Presidents over the past 50 years, but especially with bho, all they need to do is take action, like trump up a security claim to put off the elections. Who will stop them? And how? No one has made a serious attempt to stop anything that has been happening since FDR.

Look at all of the crap they have done over the past 3 years in particular, all of the really bad laws and regulations (i.e., clearly infringing on freedoms and liberties if not actually un-constitutional) and no one even tries to file a lawsuit to stop them. Look at the blatant take-over of GM, the SOPA law being considered, the NDAA, Obamacare, Eric Holder's criminal behavior, the czars, the "authority" to kill US citizens without anything even remotely approaching due process, the regulations, the recess appointments when Congress is not actually in recess, the list goes on and on and is really huge at this point.

All of these laws, regulations and actions (i.e., precedents) are pieces to a huge puzzle, and one day we will find out that this clause from this law plus that clause from that law, and 47 clauses from 47 other laws all combine into meaning that the US Constitution is nothing more than an antique display in DC - unless they decide to secure it out of sight "for safe keeping, there's been a terrorist threat ya know".

Use the frog in heated water metaphor, or refer to Niemoeller's "They came for them" speech, whatever - the fact is we are well down the slippery slope, damn near the bottom IMHO, and no one is doing a damn thing to stop it. No one!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2012, 08:26:41 AM »

As usual it will be the Dems. Both doing the accusing and the ones perpetrating it.
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2012, 08:37:17 AM »
As usual it will be the Dems. Both doing the accusing and the ones perpetrating it.

Well, it is the Alinsky Way!  ;)
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Frosty

• Top Forum Member
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2012, 01:12:44 PM »
I had a flash back to the riots of the 60's! Bring it on!!!
“As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people.  On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.”  H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun,  July 26, 1920.

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2012, 07:37:19 PM »
This Presidential Election will be the first time I will have not voted for a democrat.  Yep, I said it.  Eyes are wide open now. Just wish there was a candidate worth voting for. Not liking what I am seeing out of the republicans.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk