Author Topic: Inspirational Video, And What Makes Us American...The AR-15  (Read 8296 times)

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Inspirational Video, And What Makes Us American...The AR-15
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 01:53:09 AM »
Are any of the brands better than the others? Especially those that I listed(Stag, DPMS, Bushy and Remington, etc.)? They all seem to be priced similarly.
I don't think you'll go too far wrong with any of the usual suspects. I guess my advice would be to do the research that will let you tell the difference between getting mall ninja'd into buying more than you need, while avoiding the false economy of buying less. That sounds like BS advice, but its not. I went cheap and will pay more to fix it than I saved. But it could easily have gone the other way. I'd say shoot a few, do some research and figure out what configuration you actually want and go from there. You're buying a 300 yard rifle. How do you want to set it up? Let that be your guide. Just my .02.
FQ13

tombogan03884

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 09:56:03 AM »
Are any of the brands better than the others? Especially those that I listed(Stag, DPMS, Bushy and Remington, etc.)? They all seem to be priced similarly.

The only one I have heard bad comments about is Olympic, but based on personal experience they are no worse or better than any other "name" brand.
I would avoid Armalite because so many of their parts are proprietary, not because of quality issues.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2012, 11:06:13 AM »
Fuzzdaddy,

Remington does not make their own.  Theirs are DPMS and Bushmaster.  I can't remember which is the 10 and which is the 15, but if you go to a store that carries all three you will pick it out right away.  If you are looking at the Remington you can save a few dollars by going with the manufacturer.  By the way, they are all three owned by the same investment company ... Oh shock  ;)
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk