Author Topic: New Member Intro  (Read 768455 times)

Mike Rigg

• Forum Member
  • Shameless Marketer
    • Paladin Press
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Member Intro
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 01:43:18 PM »
To all;

Greetings from the People's Republic of Boulder and congratulations, Michael on getting the site up and running.

By way of introduction, I am an inept gun guy - striving to get better, I am a bit more competent with a blade - and continue to strive to get better.

As a disclaimer (and to pay the bills), I am the marketing and sales manager for the somewhat infamous Paladin Press, also for the last several years I have been responsible for Paladin's video productions, a responsibility that I inherited from Michael Janich.

Paladin hopes to supply some video content and maybe some "giveaway" goodies to downrange.tv in the near future, so I will probably be lurking around Michael's "house" a bit.

Best regards to all,

Mike
Paladin Press
Home of the Action Library
http://www.paladin-press.com

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 02:20:40 PM »
Moosedog, you must be southern Norway to spell it uf dah. Probably rinse the lutefisk before eating it too, eh?

Mike, welcome. Especially if you're bearing give-aways gifts. Lurk away.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2007, 02:32:07 PM »
Don't let Rigg around you with a butter knife!

I don't know if you realize, but Boulder has city ordinances about "lutefish" — you can marry it, but the service has to be nondenominational...

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

Moosedog

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2007, 03:23:04 PM »
Pathfinder,  I believe so.  I'd have to check the old family book to see for sure.  My Mom always had Norweigan stuff on the walls when I was a kid.  Still have the rosemalled Velkommen sign somewhere and I do have all of the  Syttende Mai coins form the local festival.  BTW,  the Lutefisk is way better washing with than eating.  Yikes!  I'll stick to the Lefse. :D

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2007, 03:27:43 PM »
Full disclosure here - I ain't Norwegian (not that there's anything wrong with that) - Scots and Welsh. I just happen to live with lots of Norwegian and German descendents here in NoDak (translation for Michael - North Dakota  ;D), where I Ihave learned to co-exist - peacefully if a bit uneasily - with lutefisk.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:36:13 PM »

ryanmac45

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2007, 04:40:49 PM »
Just came here from SigForum, great site.

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 04:46:09 PM »
A fellow SIGGIE is always welcome.

Wait'll you see the SIG I'm giving away! I just shot the video of it...

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

fowlmouth

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2007, 05:38:12 PM »
Hey Guys

This is Dean from the Greater Mississippi Flyway area.  Duck hunter in the first degree closely followed by avid collecting, building and shooting of all things that go bang.  Thanks for setting up the site and giving us another playground...this will be the damnation of my employer as this is one of the few sites that slips through the IP filter for "weapons" which means he will have trouble getting any work out of me during the day

Dakotaranger

• Happiness is a 1911 in your hand
  • Top Forum Member
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2007, 01:50:23 AM »
pathfinder...is "Nodaker, north of mandan in the boonies" English???? It sounds like a new translation of "Grendal."

mb
Us Dakotans don't want to confuse people with a Negligent Discharge or (ND), hense the No Dak.

Pathfinder: I'm just East of you in Bismarck
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Washington, 1796

TexasAggie01

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 09:56:46 AM »
Josh from Texas here. Looks to be a great new site and forum. Giveaways virtually ensure I'll check in regularly. Especially for 1911s!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk