Author Topic: A little scary  (Read 11036 times)

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
A little scary
« on: February 13, 2012, 04:48:20 PM »
 I'm not expecting much sympathy, especially from this crowd.  I'm venting more than anything
 ;D

As some of you know I have been under observation for kidney disease the last few years.  Today was a bad day.  I had labs done last week and the Dr informed me today that my function has gone from 40% to 15% in the last six months.  Now he's talking dialisis and transplants. To put it bluntly I'm scared of the future. I should be able to remain working and such but definately puts a hold on a lot of things.
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

BAC

Re: A little scary
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 04:58:08 PM »
I'm not expecting much sympathy, especially from this crowd.  I'm venting more than anything
 ;D

As some of you know I have been under observation for kidney disease the last few years.  Today was a bad day.  I had labs done last week and the Dr informed me today that my function has gone from 40% to 15% in the last six months.  Now he's talking dialisis and transplants. To put it bluntly I'm scared of the future. I should be able to remain working and such but definately puts a hold on a lot of things.

That sucks.  Is that about what you expected from "this crowd"?

Seriously, though, my prayers go out to you and your kidneys.  When does the dialysis begin?  How often will you have to go through it?

Timothy

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 05:16:51 PM »
Hang in there J!

God Bless your kidneys and any newly acquired ones in the future!

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 05:18:40 PM »
Sorry to hear that, J, and yes, it does suck. But you're young and tough, and God-willing they'll find a replacement. We'll keep the prayers going for you.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 05:28:00 PM »
Haven't said when or how often for treatments yet. A few tests first. Could be a spike due to recent meds but not likely

Thanks guys
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:12:09 AM »

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 06:15:33 PM »
Sorry to hear it. I know a guy who had about 5 years of a tough time but he got a new kidney and he's in pretty good shape now- from the looks of your avatar he's a lot older than you. Hang in there.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

robheath

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 06:22:47 PM »
My uncle was medically retired at a young age for bad kidneys and he lived to be an old man.  prayers to you and yours.  and keep your chin up.
Give me liberty or I'll get my guns and get it myself.

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 06:59:10 PM »
You are added to my prayer list!

God Bless,

Richard

PS:  We might rag you a bit for complaining you didn't get what you wanted for Vday but not something as serious as this!
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 07:06:19 PM »
Never rule out a second opinion jn, nothing wrong with another look.

“And their prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make them well."
James 5:15-16

Done.

tw
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 07:31:27 PM »
It's okay to vent.  We're here to listen.  Tough week, J.   But hang in there. 

Now I'm not a advocate of ditching modern medicine, but it wouldn't hurt to occupy some of your time with doing a little research.  Sometimes natural cures can help.  You never know.  My big beef with one cure fits all medicine is that it doesn't.  Each of us has unique DNA and unique body chemistry.  What might not mean squat to one person, could be life saving to another.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk