Author Topic: Good Buddy Has Cancerous Tumor on Kidney  (Read 32154 times)

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
Good Buddy Has Cancerous Tumor on Kidney
« on: June 27, 2012, 10:37:06 AM »
A close friend of mine, Mike from St. Petersburg, just found out he has a cancerous mass on his kidney. 

Mike has recently gone through the loss of his wife of more than 40 years, and his spirits were already pretty far down the drain. 

They both awoke one morning, Nancy said she needed some sort of electrolytic sports-type drink because she wasn't feeling well.  Mike got her what they had left in the house and Nancy said she'd like a little more.  Good old Mike made a quick trip to the store--no more than 20 minutes--and when he returned, Nancy was already growing cold.

Now, he is faced with this.

Mike is a member of Gun Owners of America, has a carry permit, and is an all-around good guy.  Haz knows him and had the priviledge of helping him get a nice little Russian sidearm for his very own. 

Mike goes in for a PETSCAN today, and surgery the first of next week.  Docs are expressing "guarded optimism."  But that's just another way of saying "we just don't know."

I know the power of prayer, and I am asking each of you to put Mike in the list.

Put me on there, too, please.  Between losing Lady Haz, her best friend Cathy, then Nancy, and my own Mom riddled with Alzheimers, I am really feeling the burden. 

Thanks, all,

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Good Buddy Has Cancerous Tumor on Kidney
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 11:33:49 AM »
You got it Crusader.

Life Sucks sometimes and way to often....but I've considered all the options and have concluded that it is still the best game in town.

It also seems like you gotta bounce a few times on the bottom before things start moving up again.  Hang in there and take care.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Timothy

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 11:36:57 AM »
God Bless your friend and his family!

We'll light one more candle tonight...

Tim and Susan...

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 12:03:32 PM »
My Dad had that and they wound up removing one kidney.
The only side effect he has noticed in the last 10 years is that, being a heavy coffee drinker, he spends about twice as much time in the bathroom.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 12:12:19 PM »
Prayers that it is contained within the kidney.
My uncle had the same thing nine years ago and had one removed, and just last week a lady from my church had a kidney removed due to cancer. My uncle had no further treatment for that problem and doctors say the lady will not need treatment either.

Short of God's healing hand intervening, I pray for the best case scenario the the surgery is successful and that no further treatment is necessary after surgery.

Isaiah 40:28-31

28 Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable.
29 He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength.
30 Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted;
31 but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Prayers and all the best wishes,

Chuck

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:43:11 AM »

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 12:14:19 PM »
We're on it...
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

BAC

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 03:09:20 PM »
Prayers sent.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 03:51:38 PM »
DAMN!

Count on it, Brother.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 05:38:52 PM »
Prayers go with ya CR.

God Bless,

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 08:52:21 PM »
Tell him to keep his spirits up, and yours too.b
Hopefully it hasn't spread or require dialysis ( it sucks, but the other option is much worse)

When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk