Author Topic: Wow #275  (Read 2349 times)

Ksail101

• Airborne all the way!!!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Wow #275
« on: August 07, 2012, 11:21:37 AM »
Mr. Bane- I am one of those "crazy people" that have listened to everyone of your pod casts since 2007. I might not listen to them weekly but I will listen to bunches at a time while I am driving to my cabin and in the mornings when I go shooting over there or take some off road adventures. Needless to say I have heard them all.
I listen to #275 a couple days ago while I was in Saddle Mountains on some dirt trail\road and just stopped, at what turned out to be a breath taking view of the Columbia River, and beautiful perfect green farm land with apple trees and wine grapes. In the midst of this beauty you spoke from the heart about some of the most troubling things that are on all of our minds. I appreciate you sharing your friends story with us. And show the emotion that you have for him. Some people think that all of us, who carry guns, are these people waiting for the worst and not afraid to harm or hurt people around us. Just like some sick people do. In the midst you speaking about a horrible crime in which a bad man used a tool to inflict extreme hurt upon others, you spoke about the extreme love and joy that come from you being around the use of said tool in your life. The gun is what brought you close to someone. Introduced you to him which then lead you to finding out how much more you had in common and to friendship that left you saddened and choked up at its end.
The gun in the wrongs hands hurts with out mercy cause it is just a tool. The gun in the right hands can unite a people and bring out the joy of life with others. Weather is be sharing a Cowboy match with your best friends or sitting in a C-130 with your brothers and a m-16 strapped to your leg waiting to jump out into the unknown and defend the rights and freedoms of a Nation.
You made me think about love for friends and family and the pain of evil. And I thank you for one of the most real things I have ever listened to.
Did we win???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk