Author Topic: Ordered an AR  (Read 7599 times)

WatchManUSA

• NRA Life Member - Join the NRA!
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ordered an AR
« on: August 10, 2012, 03:42:01 PM »
I ordered a Stag Arms AR - the 8L model.  I was interested in a piston AR and Stag's piston has a very small incremental price.  I decided on a left-handed model because, even-though I'm right handed I have to shoot long guns left handed.  All of my current long guns are right-handed but the southpaw version had an attraction for me.  My right eye is only corrected to 20/40.  Again, the Stag lefty model is only about $50 more.

Then I got upgrade happy and put on the Diamond-head Versa Rail system, Stag's .22lr conversion kit and a Geissele trigger.

The guy I ordered from said Stag quotes a two week turn around.  I was surprised given current gun sales.

Pictures and range report to follow when the transfer happens.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." (Groucho Marx)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
Re: Ordered an AR
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 03:46:13 PM »
I'm drooling at the thought  :D

By the way, I am in town on Wednesdays if you need help breaking it in  ;D
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

addict

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 06:05:33 PM »
Congratulations WatchMan. Sounds like a sweet set up!

Addict

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 02:43:34 PM »
Good call Watchman, look fwd to pics and a range report...

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

WatchManUSA

• NRA Life Member - Join the NRA!
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 06:54:03 PM »
I'm drooling at the thought  :D

By the way, I am in town on Wednesdays if you need help breaking it in  ;D

I don't think it will be in by then.    :-[
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." (Groucho Marx)

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:54:51 AM »

blindhog

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 03:20:39 PM »
 I ordered a Oly arms UMAR 103 days ago and have not received it yet.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 05:25:23 PM »
Cool Watchman......

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 05:35:26 PM »
Hey WatchMan,....is there any way I could tend to the jealous nature and "counseling" that your FNAR might need to adjust to the new Stag addition?

It's all about making sure the FNAR gets the right "attention"......to keep family harmony and all,......

::)

I ordered a Oly arms UMAR 103 days ago and have not received it yet.

Unless they are slammed on backorders,(which they might), be the "squeaky wheel"  blindhog,..Kindly remind them it's been awhile...

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

blindhog

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 05:45:00 PM »
I emailed them the other day and was told there was a 90 day Min. on umar's. Then on Oly forum was told that delivery dates are not contracts. I would call the factory but I ordered through my gunsmith and do not have order #. I'll just wait a little longer I guess, but at about day 120 I will do something for sure. I know they are behind by 3000 units or so the rumor goes.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 05:42:08 AM »
Hey WatchMan,....is there any way I could tend to the jealous nature and "counseling" that your FNAR might need to adjust to the new Stag addition?

It's all about making sure the FNAR gets the right "attention"......to keep family harmony and all,......

::)

I'd be happy to be called in on "consultation".  My FNAR sometimes gets lonely and having a brother or sister visit for a while would probably help its feelings.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk