Author Topic: Holster for PT 745  (Read 6088 times)

sthsenior

• They call me Moon, Dark Moon...
  • Forum Member
  • Hot buttered rum in a lively tavern
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Holster for PT 745
« on: April 18, 2008, 10:37:01 AM »
I just ordered a new Taurus Millenium PT745 and I would sure appreciate input on holster options.  I've seen written that a holster for a PT 111 will fit, but I'd like to hear from our board.  I'll wear both IWB and belt.
"We sleep soundly in our beds
because rough men stand ready
in the night to visit violence on
those who would do us harm."

-George Orwell

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
Re: Holster for PT 745
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 11:18:17 AM »
You could check their website and compare dimensions on the two pistols...
That was the model I would have bought if I'd gone that way on my last purchase. Silly me...I got an SR9.
I'd love to hear all about it when it comes in.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

sthsenior

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 11:44:53 AM »
Good idea Jaybethel, thanks.  Hopefully there's a member out there who carries a PT745 and has experience with comfortable holsters.  I've been carrying an XD45 Compact this past year and it's a fantastic work gun, but a little difficult for deep concealment.  And Smart Carry holsters aren't all that comfortable at a desk all day.  I've got 200 rounds sitting right here waiting to run the new Taurus.  I'll let you know how she sings.  I've shot a PT1911 for over a year with zero malfunctions in over 1000 rounds.  People can say what they want about Taurus, but so far I'm happy with the company and especially their prices.

-George Orwell

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 12:21:44 PM »
I've shot a PT1911 for over a year with zero malfunctions in over 1000 rounds.  People can say what they want about Taurus, but so far I'm happy with the company and especially their prices.

I would have to agree with that. I personally have never shot a Taurus, but everyone I talk to that has one thinks they are great. When I took my CWP class last year, a guy in the class had a PT 1911 which he spoke very highly of. It was the first time I got the chance to put one in my hand, and it looked and felt like it was very well made. I would have to say, that if I was in the market for a 1911, I would give it some serious consideration - especially b/c of the price. I also like their revolvers.... I'd love to have one of their 7 shot .357s small frames - and once again price is great.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

sthsenior

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 06:04:24 PM »
Just as a note, there are a number of holsters out on the market that are designed for pistols of basically the same dimensions as the 745, but they specify they are NOT for Millenium models.  But, lucky for me, my Blackhaws CQC leather holster for my XD/XD Compact fits fantastic.  In fact, it fits the PT745 better than my XD. 

-George Orwell

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:23:20 PM »

Jkwas

• Very Active Forum Member
    • Jkwas
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 10:00:28 AM »
I had a custom holster made for my Pt111 from F.I.S.T.  holster  up in New York.  It was reasonably priced, only took about a

month to get, the fit and finish are excellent.  They have some pretty good pictures on their website. 

http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/Default.htm

This is the one I got:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk