Author Topic: Back From Afghanistan, New toy  (Read 3215 times)

Swamp Yankee

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Back From Afghanistan, New toy
« on: September 07, 2012, 07:08:31 PM »
Just wanted to say I made it back safe. I picked this up last weekend at a local gun shop. It is a Hardware Store Side x Side in 20ga the bores are Cylinder and Improved. It is a Shepleighs King Nitro ( Stevens  311 ). It appears to be all original with little use. 1t has one ding in the forend stock  and some of the finish is scratched off the bottom of the trigger guard. Manufacture date is 1955. It had stainless screws holding the butt plate on I replaced them with brass ones that I blackened. I tried to shrink the size of the pics but could not figure it out so I used the link instead. I probably did the link wrong also  so I hope it works.
Mike Mc
http://www.photoshop.com/users/Swampyankee1/albums/0b4af811e6db4c8f854de5809ffc3713/view#63e82dd7b71c435ab04edd81f857b1f3
http://www.photoshop.com/users/Swampyankee1/albums/86d80753c7614925ba886fe83ced642d/view#633f567728ce4a04b3a2a944afcd0a46
NRA Certified Instructor, Rifle, Pistol & Shotgun

BAC

Re: Back From Afghanistan, New toy
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 07:14:54 PM »
Glad you're back safe and sound.

Here ya go:

GASPASSERDELUXE

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 07:16:47 PM »
Really good looking for its age.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 07:27:44 PM »
Thanks for your service and welcome home. Those old Stevens SxS can be darn nice shooters. I would hope that you brought back some more interesting souveniers though. After all, nothing says "Get off my lawn" like a nice AK.
FQ13

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1060
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 08:41:02 PM »
Thanks for your service and welcome home. Those old Stevens SxS can be darn nice shooters. I would hope that you brought back some more interesting souveniers though. After all, nothing says "Get off my lawn" like a nice AK.
FQ13

Maybe he had no chickens.........  ;D

Glad to have you back, Swamp Yankee, very glad to have you back!!!!!

Very nice looking SxS, very nice indeed.....................and THANKS for wearing socks!!!!
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:13:18 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 09:31:12 PM »
Welcome home Swamp Yankee.
Cool SXS

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 09:39:36 PM »
Welcome home and thanks.

Cool purchase.   Very Very nice for a hardware store one, whether SxS or lever action.

Nice socks.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 02:11:46 AM »
Welcome home SY!  Try "ironing" out the ding with a hot iron over a damp wash cloth. 

Richard

PS:  Nice find
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 06:26:43 AM »
Welcome Home Swamp Yankee!!!

Glad you and your toes are back. ;D

Nice scatter-gun!!!! Looks good... Let us know how it shoots.

tw
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Swamp Yankee

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 06:37:57 AM »
Sorry No AK's most of the weapons we confiscated go to the ANA or AUP. But the Battalion did bring back an 82mm Mortar System that was a victim of one of my 120mm Mortar Systems. When it gets in and set up I will post some pics of that for your viewing pleasure.
Mike Mc
NRA Certified Instructor, Rifle, Pistol & Shotgun

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk