Author Topic: Employing the Kbar TDI  (Read 6329 times)

Scout66619

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Employing the Kbar TDI
« on: November 10, 2012, 06:45:49 PM »
I was given as a gift a Kbar TDI blade (tanto half serrated) I have decided to use as a EDC around the neck. I am not finding to many no whacko vids or writings on employing the blade against an aggressor. Is this particular blade a close in stab, or slash. The way it fits in my hand gives me a natural punching motion. Any help would be appreciated.

Scout66619

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Employing the Kbar TDI
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 04:16:20 PM »
Thanks for the links.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 10:00:06 AM »
Dude, there isn't a lot of subtley to it. Its big fighting knife. The throat, in and out latterally, the back of the skull from the rear, or under the ribs from the front with an upward thrust. Its pretty basic. Just get close enough to stick somebody. The pommel works pretty well as a striking point too, but, if you want subtlety? A K-bar isn't your knife (and here I'm speaking of stadard issue USMC knives).The model you're referring to I am unfamilar with, but the basic points seem to apply.

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 10:18:15 AM »
FQ it's not a very big knife...

"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:42:23 AM »

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 11:22:57 AM »
My bad! :-[ When I hear K-bar, I think the USMC fighting knife. I forget they are making pocket knives these days. As to tactics with those, I defer to our resident experts.

Frosty

• Top Forum Member
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 11:29:10 PM »
Scout66619,
I just attended a Tactical Knife Options class (TKO), I was impressed what can be accomplished with a knife even against a gun. After the class I was rethinking the ol'saying "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight". I'm not sure but it looks like a 2.5" knife?. That knife can inflict a lot of damage/death by slashing & stabbing. Slash the jugular, the trachea, stab the eyes, slash the brachial artery, slash the triceps, slash the femoral artery. As with everything, practice, practice, practice. Check out Jeff Blacks site which I have added here. You may have to cut & paste it. http://tacticalknifeoptions.blogspot.com/
Stay safe & watch your back!
“As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people.  On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.”  H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun,  July 26, 1920.

Scout66619

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 11:22:53 PM »
Went to the site, thanks it was helpful.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk