Author Topic: Wounded Warrior Project = Anti-Firearms Industry  (Read 14906 times)

Frosty

• Top Forum Member
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Wounded Warrior Project = Anti-Firearms Industry
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 11:19:09 PM »
Haven't given to WWP but do give to Semper Fi fund (sons a Marine), Thanks for the charity link, made me feel better after reading the WWP letters & their tax returns. Upper management gets a healthy pay check and the wounded soldiers get squat! Shame on WWP.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people.  On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.”  H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun,  July 26, 1920.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 01:24:06 AM »
Always check a 503(c) tax returns.  You would be amazed at how little some give.  Operating costs is one thing, but some of them are so out of line its not even funny.   I guess thats why I give to charitys I know, and local.   even then its not tipically money.  Its my time/ services. 
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

curulz

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 06:17:58 AM »

You miss the point, they like us well enough when they are taking our donations .

I realize that.  and while I can see an argument to be made for hypocrisy, them choosing not to use a firearms related show as a marketing vehicle doesn't necessarily make them anit-gun.  they very well could be, but I don't think that act is enough to make that conclusion. 

tombogan03884

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 08:32:51 AM »
I realize that.  and while I can see an argument to be made for hypocrisy, them choosing not to use a firearms related show as a marketing vehicle doesn't necessarily make them anit-gun.  they very well could be, but I don't think that act is enough to make that conclusion. 

Well, if they are going to distance themselves from us I'm going to return the favor.

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 08:42:25 AM »
Well, if they are going to distance themselves from us I'm going to return the favor.
Maybe this outfit was where O'Reilly got his informed opinions on firearms..  :( ::)
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:37:17 AM »

Respen33

• Packing IT guy
  • Forum Member
  • What round is 30 rounds if you cant hit the paper.
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 09:03:41 AM »
You want to help our wounded warriors? Do it by working for the staff that help them. I work for Walter Reed National Military Medical Center Bethesda IT department. I managed their BRAC expansion and integration with Walter Reed Army a medical Center.

What do I do? I help enable the providers and staff to provide the best medical possible. I help provide devices and access for warriors to speak to their families across the country. I try to make their lives a little better, one smile at a time.

The WWP is rarely seen on campus. You know the largest campus of wounded warriors in the world. That says something.
When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

Jrlobo

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 09:44:56 AM »
Forewarned is forearmed. Thanks. O'Reilly and Beck used to tout the WWP on their programs. It's a shame the project rips us off like many or most charity organizations. Americans are the most giving people in the world and easily fleeced because of it. Wonder if Trace is paid for his singing? Hey, Respen33, understand that the Walter Reed Hospital is a joint Army/Navy venture. Is there a way that civilians can donate directly to the care of our wounded warriors? If so, the hospital needs to make that known.
Lobo

"Often in error, never in doubt!"

Respen33

• Packing IT guy
  • Forum Member
  • What round is 30 rounds if you cant hit the paper.
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 10:41:35 AM »
Forewarned is forearmed. Thanks. O'Reilly and Beck used to tout the WWP on their programs. It's a shame the project rips us off like many or most charity organizations. Americans are the most giving people in the world and easily fleeced because of it. Wonder if Trace is paid for his singing? Hey, Respen33, understand that the Walter Reed Hospital is a joint Army/Navy venture. Is there a way that civilians can donate directly to the care of our wounded warriors? If so, the hospital needs to make that known.

Well technically WRNMMC is a JTF CAPMED venture with Air Force, Army, Marines, and Navy playing nice but those of us who worked at the previous National Naval Medical Center we would call it a hostile take over.  :o

to make a direct donation to the Wounded warriors at our hospital you may go to [url]http://www.wrnmmc.capmed.mil/WarriorCare/Shared%20Documents/OnlineDonationForm.pdf/url]. Its an online donation form that goes to a former Chief I used to work with heavily in Casualty Affairs.

For general information on the site and ways to help(if you are medical, civilian, contractor there are openings all of the time) you may go to [email]http://www.wrnmmc.capmed.mil/SitePages/home.aspx/email]. There are two sites technically; Bethesda and Ft. Belvoir. So if you are looking for something closer to VA then Belvoir (FBCH is the acronym) is your site.

Aiming high, staying army strong, maintaining a global force with a human touch, always the first to fight. We are united together to provide World Class Medical Care to everyone who defends our freedom.
When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 12:21:34 PM »
You want to help our wounded warriors? Do it by working for the staff that help them. I work for Walter Reed National Military Medical Center Bethesda IT department. I managed their BRAC expansion and integration with Walter Reed Army a medical Center.

What do I do? I help enable the providers and staff to provide the best medical possible. I help provide devices and access for warriors to speak to their families across the country. I try to make their lives a little better, one smile at a time.

The WWP is rarely seen on campus. You know the largest campus of wounded warriors in the world. That says something.

Absolutely.

Check with local VFW and American Legion to find vets recovering locally and help there. There are many who need modifications done in their homes to accommodate wheelchairs and such....spend it where it can count and be felt.

Getting hot in the kitchen?
More:
http://www.examiner.com/article/wounded-warrior-project-faces-fallout-after-snubbing-gun-talk

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

wtr100

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 02:53:52 PM »
Just received an auto reply e-mail from them, I'll just leave this here

If you are a member of our Advance Guard Monthly Giving Program with an account change or update or if you have a donation question or want to support WWP through a one-time or monthly donation please call 1.855.GIVE.WWP (448.3997).
Have your musket clean as a whistle, hatchet scoured, 60 rounds powder and ball and be ready to march at a minute's warning.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk