Author Topic: Young Woman Threatened with Explusion For Refusal To Wear RFID  (Read 10368 times)

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
Re: Young Woman Threatened with Explusion For Refusal To Wear RFID
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2012, 08:13:33 AM »
Just saw on Drudge that a judge upheld the kid's right not to carry the card--at least at the moment.  It will be subject to additional scrutiny as the case makes its way through the courts.

I am told that stainless-steel mesh wallets eliminate the RFID tracking capabilities.  The wallets are sold all over, are flexible, and can be found at very low prices. 

Since I am not a big fan of my government knowing where I am at every moment of every day, the wallet may be a solution.

However, since I also carry a cell phone, it is not a complete solution.

It is distressing to realize one cannot trust one's government.

Crusader

“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2012, 09:04:48 AM »
Here is a question:

They make shielded wallets to protect your RFID equipped credit cards from scanning.  What if she carried the card in a shielded holder?  What if students en mass did this?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2012, 03:49:04 PM »
Here is a question:

They make shielded wallets to protect your RFID equipped credit cards from scanning.  What if she carried the card in a shielded holder?  What if students en mass did this?

Ahhh-HA!!!!   ;)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2012, 04:28:15 PM »
Ahhh-HA!!!!   ;)

Don't you mean Arrrrrrrrrg  ;D
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2012, 04:31:32 PM »
Don't you mean Arrrrrrrrrg  ;D

Yes..... and I'm making an 'air-hook' with a finger too..........  ;D     :-*       ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

tombogan03884

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2012, 10:35:44 AM »
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/texas-student-successfully-defies-total-surveillance-state-citing-mark-of-the-beast/

The idea of being tracked wherever one goes by a government computer chip may sound like something out of Science Fiction dystopia films like “V for Vendetta” or “Total Recall,” but apparently, it’s actually happening. And at least one Texas high school student has embarked on a mission to stop it.

Meet Andrea Hernandez, a sophomore at Texas’ John Jay High School Science and Engineering Academy, and a resistor against a new program there that enables the school to track its pupils:

The proposed “tracking” method would require students to wear badges containing Radio Frequency Initiation (RFID) chips, and then track the chips embedded in the badges, presumably as a means of ensuring students don’t play hooky or go off-campus without permission, etc.
But Hernandez refuses to play along with the badges, even braving the threat of expulsion to do so. Why? Because she believes they’re Satanic, according to the blog God Discussion:

The choice has not been without controversy, as several parents have come forward with negative comments regarding their children.

Hernandez is claiming religious principles for refusing to carry her ID card, stating that she believes it is satanic, specifically calling it the “mark of the beast,” in reference to one of the interpretations of Christian biblical prophecy as outlined in the apocalyptic book, Revelation.

And while Hernandez’s reasons might strike some as odd, she’s having more success than one might initially expect, due partially to legal support from the nonprofit Rutherford Institute, which just successfully blocked her expulsion in court. Russia Today reports:
    Andrea Hernandez was told she’d be expelled from John Jay High School’s Science and Engineering Academy in San Antonio starting next week if she insists any further on disobeying a new policy that requires students to wear ID badges equipped with tiny Radio Frequency Identification (“RFID”) chips. Now attorneys with the Rutherford Institute say Hernandez has been granted a temporary restraining order that will prohibit the Northside Independent School District from relocating the student to another facility.

“The court’s willingness to grant a temporary restraining order is a good first step, but there is still a long way to go — not just in this case, but dealing with the mindset, in general, that everyone needs to be monitored and controlled,”Rutherford Institute President John Whitehead says in a statement.

“Regimes in the past have always started with the schools, where they develop a compliant citizenry. These ‘Student Locator’ programs are ultimately aimed at getting students used to living in a total surveillance state where there will be no privacy, and wherever you go and whatever you text or email will be watched by the government.”

[...]

According to San Antonio’s KENS5 News, a judge gave Hernandez a temporary restraining order from the school district and ruled on Wednesday that the principal’s orders to make the surveillance mandatory were a violation of the student’s speech and religion.

NBC Latino has also filed a video report on Hernandez’s religion-focused protest against this new program. It can be watched below:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VIDEO AT LINK<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/want-to-know-where-your-wife-is-saudi-arabia-has-an-app-for-that/

Want To Know Where Your Wife Is? Saudi Arabia Has An App For That

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Story at link<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Jrlobo

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2012, 11:37:54 AM »
Religious grounds? What religion safeguards you from tracking? To keep the principal from knowing what prayer session you were attending at school? Do they even have prayer sessions at schools anymore? Excepting Catholic or other religious schools, of course. I'm confused. I never had any freedoms when I went to school, so I guess I'm out of touch. Teachers, proctors, hall monitors, nuns and more prowled the premises back in those days and my parents were comfortable with that and with on the spot corporal punishment to boot. The best reason for student RFIDs in my mind is just knowing who is (was) in school where they are (were) when some kind of emergency (fire, flood, collapse, hostage situation or routine gunfight) happens. The parents are always the first to demand from school officials in any kind of emergency where their children are, are they safe, etc. What better or faster way to get a handle on this info than to have an RFID system? I don't like the badge idea, so why not implant the RFID chips under the kid's skin to be removed as a rite of passage at the graduation ceremony. Brings new meaning to the phrase "bend over and grab your ankles" eh?
Lobo

"Often in error, never in doubt!"

tombogan03884

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2012, 01:17:49 PM »
Religious grounds? What religion safeguards you from tracking? To keep the principal from knowing what prayer session you were attending at school? Do they even have prayer sessions at schools anymore? Excepting Catholic or other religious schools, of course. I'm confused. I never had any freedoms when I went to school, so I guess I'm out of touch. Teachers, proctors, hall monitors, nuns and more prowled the premises back in those days and my parents were comfortable with that and with on the spot corporal punishment to boot. The best reason for student RFIDs in my mind is just knowing who is (was) in school where they are (were) when some kind of emergency (fire, flood, collapse, hostage situation or routine gunfight) happens. The parents are always the first to demand from school officials in any kind of emergency where their children are, are they safe, etc. What better or faster way to get a handle on this info than to have an RFID system? I don't like the badge idea, so why not implant the RFID chips under the kid's skin to be removed as a rite of passage at the graduation ceremony. Brings new meaning to the phrase "bend over and grab your ankles" eh?

Read Revelations , it refers to the "number of the Beast" that every one will be required to have.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2012, 01:41:39 PM »
Sounds like she and her 'advisers' are taking every approach possible to stop this encroachment on privacy. 

There might be no legal or religious or constitutional basis to stop it, but that doesn't mean letting it happen is the 'right' thing to do.

I will re-quote the closing line of that post here about dinner with BHO.

"You should have stopped me at the dinner roll."
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

JLawson

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2012, 05:00:14 PM »
The distinction that I'm not seeing made is that the RFID tracking is designed to take place in a CLOSED ENVIRONMENT.  Most of the discussions and comments concerning violations of privacy are appropriate in an OPEN ENVIRONMENT... our homes,  our cars, the places we shop, our everyday travels here and there.  Omnipresent tracking in a free society is wrong on many levels.  A high school has never been and should never become a FREE environment in the sense that the kids should be able to go anywhere they want and whenever they want.

And it CAN be viewed as a security issue.  In the instance of an active shooter or natural disaster, I want first responders to KNOW where my child is located within that campus.  Or if someone is monitoring the system for "outliers", I want the administrators to know that the gym teacher is alone in the shower with a single student.  I want the administrators to know if the same five kids meet in the bathroom everyday after school.  I want the administrators to know that the same kid plants himself in a secluded area everyday and experiences a steady flow of visitors that stay only a minute or two - just long enough to buy their dope.

A high school is not a free and open environment populated only by adults.  We're talking about an environment full of raging hormones, poor judgement, peer pressure, impulsiveness, and just plain stupidity.  A high school is where we are supposed to be training these kids to BECOME adults.  Until these kids become adults we need to treat them as what they are... juveniles that need to be controlled.  Those who pettifog when debating this issue by incorporating religion or first amendment rights are attempting to win by distraction.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk