Author Topic: Beer question, please..  (Read 8210 times)

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Beer question, please..
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 10:13:23 PM »
By the way,  if someone talks you into Blue Moon make sure nobody puts an orange in it!
Sorry.. I have to ask "Why?"..
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Friends, don't let friends, shop Wal-Mart
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 10:37:32 PM »
Give Shiner Bock a try.  Full flavored, but not overpowering.  At least it used to be.  I quit drinking a while ago.
“It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.”

James Madison

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • It's just a pen name...
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2012, 06:31:52 AM »
Stella Artois - probably available at the supermarket, my favourite 'lager'
Best Wishes, Mike.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2012, 09:14:15 AM »
Sorry.. I have to ask "Why?"..

Orange is for breakfast, and beer is for ... well let's just say they don't belong in the same glass.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

deepwater

• SNIPE
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2012, 09:39:59 AM »
try rollin' your own. you dial in the taste and make taste like anything you want. also much cheaper than store bought. you can buy the wort in a can (Coopers etc..) or buy the grains and malt them yourself. the best advice I can give is to be sure you have good yeast and keep everything super clean.
deep
YOU CAN TEACH A MONKEY HOW TO RIDE A BICYCLE: BUT YOU CAN'T TEACH HIM HOW TO FIX IT!!

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 08:17:53 AM »

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2012, 10:07:43 AM »
RYO would be a good idea except that after February, I won't be doing it anymore, (I don't suppose). At least, not on a regular enough basis to care. I'm drinking a couple before I go to bed because I've got an out-of-control kinda messed up back. The stuff they're giving me for it isn't up to the recently updated challenge.. (Scheduled for surgery on Valentines Day.) I'm hoping at least, that after this trip to the OR, I won't be hurting like I am anymore..
I'll try some of the stuff mentioned when what I have runs out, I guess.
I tried a Stella at the local expensive voguish pizza joint, last year, actually. I'd forgotten about that. It wasn't bad, as I recall..
Thanks guys..

Jrlobo

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2012, 10:29:09 AM »
Two recommendations: Try heffeweizen (spelled forty different ways), a wheat beer that often is paired with lemon flavor. Google your preferences in taste and see what pops up. In states that allow department stores to sell beer and wine, like VA but not MD, Costco and Super Target often have a good selection of back curing beers. But like all good things, don't ask your doctor first!
Lobo

"Often in error, never in doubt!"

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2012, 11:07:20 AM »
try rollin' your own. you dial in the taste and make taste like anything you want. also much cheaper than store bought. you can buy the wort in a can (Coopers etc..) or buy the grains and malt them yourself. the best advice I can give is to be sure you have good yeast and keep everything super clean.
deep

Listen to this dude!  I've sampled some, and he knows of what he speaks.  There is a cat that is awol at this time that is very good as well.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2012, 11:08:17 AM »
... Costco and Super Target often have a good selection of back curing beers. But like all good things, don't ask your doctor first!
If you've suffered for any real length of time, you've discovered the number of Drs, (and sage advisers) who never needed to "heal themselves".. I always ask for the oldest, grouchiest Dr on staff. They generally have a personal reason to be there beyond the pay, it seems..
Begin rant..
I'm happy for folks who have never really hurt, or really experienced the "top of the pain scale", but those folks can be pretty petty and useless, (at best) for folks who, for whatever reason, have to kinda live there..
I was young once.. I did all the stupid stuff that most all of us did.. I grew up.. I've got a couple of sisters who seek out acquaintances with back or dental pain, to beg or steal pain pills. (One 57, one 60 years old!!!) They both stole from my mother the stuff when she was alive.. They both seek position to lighten my load on the pills for my back.. I can't have a relationship that allows them entrance into my house.. It's piss poor-sad..
Both many Drs and those professional "sage advisers" who never really hurt more than maybe a toothache or a broken rib think that the rest of us are those guys like my sisters..
I've always tried to be honest, sometimes beyond the point of discretion, to everybody.. It's a thing of mine.. Trust works both ways.. It annoys me more than I can say in mixed company to be treated like a common POS who lies when their lips move, to the singular end and agenda of a buzz..
A clear head is a treasure when you have to fight to have one, but the kind of suffering that comes from things that you just can't help need not be..
(I recently had someone brush up against that raw nerve of ignorance (aka sage advice) of how blessed and relatively pain free their relatively charmed lives really are.. It happens.. Those holy noses just get so very long sometimes..)
End rant..

RTFM

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life member 2015
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2012, 11:14:49 AM »
Try Shock Top or Blue Moon.  Both are citrusy and fuller than the average beer.

I'll second both of those.

Hefeweizen - is all I drank when stationed in Germany (West that is...) always served with lemon in it and most of the time a few grains of rice to keep it bubbling all the time.
Still good stuff.

Shiner Bock is awesome but no longer available up here in Idaho.... too bad.

I like Sam Adams light.... heavier than normal beer but lighter than a full Sam...

Also try this, not lemon though. Get a Pumpkin ale some raw sugar and pumpkin spice - mix sugar and spice together and coat glass rim like they do and then beer inside glass.

Great for fruu fruu party's and tasted DAMN good.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk