Author Topic: Connecticut school shooting  (Read 28675 times)

JoeG

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Connecticut school shooting
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2012, 08:11:34 PM »
I am not sure what the best answer is to the obvious parade of self absorbed bullshit we will see following this. I have so far just said that I wish one of the adults present had been armed and willing to accept the emotional trauma of stopping this guy the only realistic way. I acknowledge that most people don't want to be the one running into the burning building, but that some of us are wired that way and willing to do it. It is too bad that we can't be honest about protecting ourselves from this kind of insanity and instead it politicized.

I haven't seen anything about who knew how messed up this kid was, but I expect there were signs that got ignored by people that should have known better. Hard shit to confront.

Frustrated and angry at our pathetic public posturing.

Joe
“You cannot allow any of your people to avoid the brutal facts. If they start living in a dream world, it’s going to be bad.” Gen. James Mattis

tombogan03884

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2012, 08:19:29 PM »
It's a predictable pattern .
Huntsville Al, Tuscon, Va Tech, Colo in all these cases, and probably others I can't come up with off the top of my head,
A person exhibits signs of severe mental problems that are either downplayed, ignored, or covered up until the person kills a bunch of people and the media wonder why did this happen as the make an international celebrity out of a deranged loser inspiring the next one..

EDITTED TO ADD, told ya so.

http://gma.yahoo.com/connecticut-shooter-adam-lanza-obviously-not-well-182011729--abc-news-topstories.html

Adam Lanza, the 20-year-old who killed 20 children and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut this morning, was "obviously not well," a relative told ABC News.

Family friends in Newtown also described the young man as troubled and described his mother Nancy as very rigid. "[Adam] was not connected with the other kids," said one friend.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MORE AT LINK<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Ksail101

• Airborne all the way!!!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2012, 08:49:39 PM »
I need to clarify something so I don't make an ass of myself:

Are you asking me to help you stay out of a box, or do you want help being put in a box?

Once again, I AM a trained professional, and there is a reason for the SASS alias of Coffin Filler  ;D

You weren't kidding you really do know how to handle situations. You just bury the problem. LOL.

And just as a side I think I have been to the website of your place of business now that I think about. I remember you putting the link somewhere. Maybe under the Rangers contact page... LOL. I knew I was setting myself up here thinking one of you guys could possibly help my crazy. But then once again I am reminded of why I feel so at home here...
Did we win???

Ksail101

• Airborne all the way!!!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2012, 08:59:03 PM »

I haven't seen anything about who knew how messed up this kid was, but I expect there were signs that got ignored by people that should have known better. Hard shit to confront.
 Joe

Mom and Dad divorced. Dad remarried. My own thoughts which dont count for sh*t held grudge over divorce. And that started it all. Dad is high up in a company i saw. Most likely not leaving a lot of time for son. And possibly chose women (maybe many or maybe just new wife) over him. New wife makes Dad so happy something mom could never do. Thus planting the seed mom is at fault for divorce. Or mom initiated the divorce by catching dad in bed with new wife. Thus planting seed its all moms fault. Just my thoughts. Broken young. Never repaired. Mom was too busy probably fixing all the kids at school to realize she may have one damaged at home. Or she could have been the best mother ever and son was born with a bad chip in the brain.
Did we win???

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 06:38:08 PM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2012, 12:03:02 AM »
Ksail,

I have always been told how easy my profession is, because my clients don't talk back and I bury my mistakes.  Sadly, we serve the living and the dead are what brings us into the mix.  When I was day to day in the funeral home I thought I was busy.  Now that I am in another part of the business with a fancy title and a description that includes adviser and consultant I find that many organizations and communities feel more comfortable calling me in, because it was thought in the past that we are in it just for the money.  Today they view me as an "impartial expert."

Have you heard about the Little Falls, MN officer who was ambushed and murdered?  Guess who gets to help support the professionals that help the community?  I was in that neighborhood to give a different training yesterday, and ended up spending almost four hours dealing with aftermath.  A little over a month ago there was a shooting in a Sub Shop in Minneapolis while I was at a Forensic Science seminar.  I was displaying between three companies that do the physical clean up after these things, and I quickly learned how raw their emotions are on the job.  The shooting took place on day one, two of the three were called to bid the clean up, the company sponsoring a hospitality suite I was helping with got the job and had to go to work around 10:30pm; and the next day I am unofficially helping two workers that spent the night dealing with aftermath logistics.

We never know who the victims are, and how our words and actions will affect the community.  Anybody that has ever been involved with Critical Incident Debriefing will tell you that the only known in the mix is that it is a time bomb with an unknown amount of time on each of the different timers in the room.  Your job is to defuse each timer before it erupts, and start that detonator down the long and tough path to being fully disarmed.  This incident has started many timers ticking.  Let's not be one of the persons who speeds those ticking hands to a quicker blow!

Back on track - Let's all just love our family, friends and others right now.  Let's ignore the hype, and focus on what is important.  The day to day will return again, and let us be the ones who come as a voice of reason among the rants.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2012, 12:06:25 AM »
http://www.examiner.com/article/obama-wants-action-regardless-of-politics-after-gun-free-school-zone-tragedy?cid=db_articles

Thankfully he is just ranting "full support, and fix it"  No specifics, because he doesn't really have any, and nothing except crocodile tears.  The video I saw was so obvious I could almost see him counting during the parts where his speech writer had said pause ten seconds and wipe eye.

Let him rant!  People recognize him for what he is, and they will see through it after Christmas.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Connecticut school shooting.
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2012, 12:59:39 AM »
it really makes me sick, that there are those out there that would use something like this for political gain.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2012, 04:46:10 AM »
M58,

I respect your post, and your training in this matter. But the fact remains every time the conservative Republicans come into these type of political issues with this whole "kinder, gentler, more common sense approach" to these issues, we get smacked down, and in the process get our asses handed to us. My bona fides are the last 2 elections. Romney lost for the same reason McCain did. He wasn't tough enough. Compassion buys you $h!t in politics today. Look at what happened in Michigan the other day with the Democratic union thugs. They are much like a school bully that plays on the weak, and strikes at the best opportunity FOR HIM. The conservative Republicans need a bigger stick, and they need to START SWINGING IT! or I'm afraid this will continue. And as a result we will continue to LOSE!

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2012, 05:00:02 AM »
I think its an even money bet here. Bill. The antis like Bloomberg were making hay over this literally before the bodies cooled. Maybe that's mobilizing first, but I think its going to piss a lot of folks off who recognize it for what it is.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk