Author Topic: Looking for Bulk 7.62 x 39 ammo  (Read 9128 times)

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Looking for Bulk 7.62 x 39 ammo
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2013, 05:45:59 PM »
Didn't go to the gs last weekend but word from a friend is that steel case .223 is going for $1.00 a round!  The cheapest AR he saw was $1400!  AR's were plentiful because, I assume, people brought their extras out to make a big profit.  Complete lower $550+ (forget the brand) which isn't too bad.  I will not be buying an AR!  Mossberg .22 type AR $565 (close to double what they were).  Hope to get to a show this we and check thing out for myself so that I can report firsthand.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 06:02:37 PM »
Buying at the current prices is insane. This type of panic cannot last, regardless of how long the politicians banter back and forth with all of this. As soon as it starts to die down, prices will again drop. This reminds me of back in 1980 when the Hunt Brothers were screwing around with the Silver market. People who bought at or near the top were thinking it was going into Lunar trajectory. It ended up in the toilet. This will not be so profound, but people will be taking a 50% loss on overpriced AR's, AK's, and Hi-Cap magazines. Just like they did in 2004 when the last ban sunsetted.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 05:49:15 PM »
Almost as much as you billt, but not quite.  ::)

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 06:25:39 PM »
That's nice. I want!!

cookie62

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 07:28:59 PM »
HEY!!

Don't be sneek'n in my garage and taking pictures!!!!!!!!!!!

I WISH ;D ;D ;D
A bird in the hand is worth..Well, about a box of shells!
Yes, I'm bitter and cling to guns and religion..

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:31:33 PM »

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 04:36:26 PM »
Went to a gs myself today...HOLY S..T!  Cheapest AK $895.  Cheapest AR.  I heard a guy offer $1400 for a private sale and was turned down, otherwise $2000 was the cheapest.  AK and AR ammo was plentiful but @ $.95/rd a bit pricy.  Other ammo was plentiful but expensive.  Cheapest AR mag $30.  Don't know about AK mags.  Glock mags new and used have doubled in price to $50.  Handguns plentiful and still basically what they have been.  S&W AR 15-22 $595-695.  Mossy AR 22 $500.  Shotguns still about the same.  Primers were there but not a huge quantity and still $25-35/thousand.  Lots of bullets.  A little .223 brass but not much.  Other brass not a lot but not overpriced.

Tooooooooons of people.  They had to close the doors and let people in as others left.  Heard from my daughters bf that a guy accidently shot his friend in the leg with a pistol he was checking out.  This is very strange because every firearm is checked and ziptied!  I can't say for sure, but, in the past, before zt's individuals have been sneaking live rounds into guns and walking away!!!!!  Not saying this the case but it could be.

FWIW

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2013, 05:30:58 PM »
Just a little additional info from the local paper about the nd at the gs Sat..  It seems that a dealer bought a semi-auto from an individual.  The mag had been removed but the chambered round had not.  The dealer pulled the trigger and the round went off, hit the floor and wounded a customer in the foot and leg.  This seems veeeeeeeeeeery strange because I have been going to this show for more years than I can remember and they have very tight rules.  No CCW, no loaded guns, no loaded mags (sellers can have loaded stripper clips and Garand clips (?) but nothing in any gun!) and staff and LEO's are at the only public entrance checking and putting zipties on.  The lines were so long Sat. morning that they sent out an LEO out to zt before the doors opened and they were still checked as people came in!  Shows in 2 other states had nd (5 total injuries).  I cannot say for sure but I do know that in the past at several Ohio Gun Collectors Association meetings/shows several guns were found to have live rounds in them and it was a 99% certainty that person or persons unknown did this on purpose to cause injury, trouble, bad press or whatever.  This may or may not be the case this weekend.  BEWARE!

FWIW

Richard

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2013, 07:03:07 AM »
I didn't go, but the Sunday paper had an article about the Crossroads Show here in Phoenix this weekend. It was a front page story, and they said the lines were very long and they mentioned one customer saw a Stag Arms AR-15 for sale at $2,250.00. It was sold within just a few minutes for cash. It's gotten completely insane.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2013, 09:32:02 AM »
Local super dealer , Adventure  Outdoors last week had plenty of bulk ammo. I picked up a tin of 7.62x54R for $100. The had pallets of .40S&W, 7.62x39 and .45ACP. .223 was a little sparse and rim fire was nonexistent.

They seemed to have plenty of of guns, including ARs. What they were short of was Ruger semi-autos. The cases were full of everything else but Ruger's. didn't check gun prices,but don't think they've raised prices, but at the same time I don't think they're having any sales.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk