Author Topic: A tax every American can get behind  (Read 2029 times)

Dakotaranger

• Happiness is a 1911 in your hand
  • Top Forum Member
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
A tax every American can get behind
« on: May 03, 2008, 11:37:50 PM »
I was talking to my beloved sister tonight and we came up with an exciting new tax plan that every American citizen can and should get behind. We decided that to raise revenue through taxes that we tax every political advertisement whether it is a yard sign, radio or TV ad.

It will be a progressive tax, those that have more will be taxed more. The base rate will be 20% per ad, but if calling for money for a failed government project the rate will be 40%. Telling the populace that they are racist for wanting the law enforced 60%, saying that we need another government program 70%, an ad that advocates personal responsibility .05%. Also, if a candidate is an incumbent the rate would be higher to make things fair for competitor to run an equal campaign.

If the tax on firearms and ammunition isn't unConstitutional this shouldn't either because it isn't an attempt to regulate free speech, but to help the populace.

This tax would also cover the 527 and could also affect groups I believe in, such as M.A.D.D or the NRA, but the objective is for politicians to understand what an over burdensome tax burden is and to provide tax relief for us taxpayers.

"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Washington, 1796

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk