Author Topic: can't find primers (small or large pistol) any ideas  (Read 9841 times)

DeltaM

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
can't find primers (small or large pistol) any ideas
« on: January 15, 2013, 03:25:09 PM »
I'm down to 600 small pistol and no large pistol.  Frankly, right now I'm not picky but prefer CCI, Winchester, or Federal.  My usual suppliers locally have dried up.  Can't even find someone online who will except backorders.

Any ideas?

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: can't find primers (small or large pistol) any ideas
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 05:31:06 PM »
Who are your suppliers?  With that list we can better make suggestions.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

DeltaM

• Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 06:30:36 AM »
Who are your suppliers?  With that list we can better make suggestions.

Richard

Powder Valley, Midway, Sinclair, plus 3 local places.  I normally get primers locally from three different places a couple thousand at a time.  Cheaper than paying freight + hazardous shipping charge.

Powder valley does list a few large pistol primers but I don't load that many 45 ACP.  Really need to combine with small pistol.  Even Powder Valley is about a month out on shipping.

robert69

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 01:19:26 AM »
Good luck getting primers.  The same thing happened 3-4 years ago. Everybody bought what they could find. I now have enough for my life time.  Be careful about switching from standard to magnum primers, especially with pistol, if that is all you can find.

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 02:09:53 PM »
Try Bruno's - they still list lrg pistol primers (CCI, Rem, Fed are all I looked at) as being in stock.

http://www.brunoshooters.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=BSS
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:06:54 AM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 03:21:57 PM »
Just made a call to a local area (50 miles away, but hey, that's local  ;D ) GS that is well-known for having supplies. He just got in a big shipment of large rifle primers for $35 per thousand.
Might have to run over there tomorrow.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

atmiller

• Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 06:09:36 PM »
Try Bruno's - they still list lrg pistol primers (CCI, Rem, Fed are all I looked at) as being in stock.

http://www.brunoshooters.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=BSS

Is that $60 per 1000 on small pistol primers? 

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 01:14:16 PM »
Went to the GS (I posted about above) yesterday afternoon......very busy for a Wednesday afternoon, I might add. It was my first time there but immediately was made to feel at home. I think I have found another favorite place to do business. They had plenty of ammo, other than .22lr and .223.
No pistol primers period, but they had just got in 350,000 CCI #200 Large Rifle primers so I bought a couple of boxes at $34 each (not too bad considering the last time I bought rifle primers they were $30 per 1000...... and some online prices are hitting $70 per 1000).

Anywho, as to the subject of the thread, pistol primers, the head reloading guy at the store said it's basically anybody's guess on pistol primers and small rifle primers for the foreseeable future. He has a standing order in with his supplier, but doesn't know what he'll get from week to week until the UPS truck runs Tuesday mornings.......and he said on Tuesday mornings the local customers are lined up like vultures waiting for him to open the boxes.

Good luck.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

DeltaM

• Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 07:45:14 PM »

Is that $60 per 1000 on small pistol primers? 

Looks like inflation done struck!!!  $30.00 box of primers for $60.00, all since December.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 12:58:53 AM »
I am glad I have 25k of each   :)
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk