Author Topic: Broke in a new AR build today.  (Read 3435 times)

BBJohnnyT

• NRA Endowment Member
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Broke in a new AR build today.
« on: March 02, 2013, 06:30:15 PM »
I finally finished Spike Wesson, my newest AR.  It's a bastardized S&W M&P lower with a Spikes Tactical enhanced mid-length upper.  So my son and I took it down to the Mojave, along with some other toys, to sight it in and do some target shooting.  Sighted it in for 50 yards for a flatter trajectory and it's a MOA tack driver with just a red dot.  Super fun day and so pleased how this build came out!
"If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns." - Edward Abbey

BBJohnnyT

• NRA Endowment Member
  • Liked:
Re: Broke in a new AR build today.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 06:39:34 PM »
BTW.  Yes, that is a bullet button instead of a regular mag release, and 30 round pmags that are permanently blocked to 10 rounds to make this CA legal.  Our state thugs just introduced new legislation that will even make these types of magazines illegal, with no grandfathering.  I can't wait to move out of this state.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 07:48:25 PM »
BTW.  Yes, that is a bullet button instead of a regular mag release, and 30 round pmags that are permanently blocked to 10 rounds to make this CA legal.  Our state thugs just introduced new legislation that will even make these types of magazines illegal, with no grandfathering.  I can't wait to move out of this state.
Are they compensating you? If not its a violation of the 5A's takings clause. Call some shyster lawyer, the ones with the TV ads "Have been injured" and see if he'll start a class action suit. Odds are he will if he's the type that loves being on TV, and it won't cost you a dime. He'll just get 30-40% of what you win. But who cares, this isn't about money, its about a stick in the eye. I'd call, as the man says, its free. 8)

Paraguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 08:13:24 PM »
Nice work!  Did you put in an aftermarket trigger or stick with the S&W?  Stock or custom, what are your thoughts with the trigger now that you have some shots through it?
Guns don't kill people, bullets kill people.

BBJohnnyT

• NRA Endowment Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 10:13:40 AM »
Nice work!  Did you put in an aftermarket trigger or stick with the S&W?  Stock or custom, what are your thoughts with the trigger now that you have some shots through it?

The stock trigger okay for the rifle's intended role. If it was for long range or competition, I would lighten it. But I'm going to send it to Brimstone Gunsmithing to smooth out the draw, but keep the stock pull weight. He's done a couple other triggers for me and does great work.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:17:16 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk