Author Topic: July 2 Colorado  (Read 3037 times)

1Buckshot

• Monty Lucht
  • Top Forum Member
  • COMMENCE FIRING
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
July 2 Colorado
« on: April 03, 2013, 05:16:40 PM »

More power to them! I hope it turns out to be 5000.

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/colorado-discussion-firearm-news/35965-july-2nd.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

On July 2, 2013, over 500 Colorado citizens will engage in an act of mass civil disobedience to demonstrate the foolish, arbitrary, capricious and unconstitutional nature of the HB 13-1224 which will have gone into effect on the day before.

These Colorado citizens will gather in a public park in Aurora, Colorado. Each of these citizens will bring a single unloaded regular capacity magazine of the type that has been in common use in Colorado and nation wide since the 1980s, and which each of them owned and possessed prior to the effective date of the statute. The United States Supreme Court has made CLEAR that law abiding citizens have a constitutional right to keep and bear arms that are in common use. There are millions of such magazines in Colorado, and they have been lawfully owned and used by Colorado citizens for defense, sport, target shooting, competition, and other lawful use for decades. Yet this property will have been transformed overnight into a form of contraband.

At exactly 12:00 noon, these citizens will begin to pass their magazines to each other, one to the other, again and again, in contravention of Colorado's new prohibition against transfer of existing regular capacity magazines.

The number of magazines will not change.
 The nature of the people will not change, nor will their non-violent nature.
 The fact these people are your friends, neighbors, co-workers, and fellow citizens will not change.
 The "lethality" of the crowd will not change.
 The danger "on the streets" will not change.
 The number of magazines in circulation will not change.
 The fact that the magazines have not been utilized to project violence or do any evil will not change.

At any given moment, each person will be holding one magazine that existed on the day the law came into effect, just as they did when they arrived.

But during the course of this organized civil disobedience, the crowd will be committing over 30,000 misdemeanors per minute. They will do so in direct and defiant challenge of a blatantly unconstitutional law, and will be prepared for arrest. In the event of arrests, each person will refuse to plea bargain and will insist on trial by jury. In conjunction, the gun rights organizations listed below will be assisting these individuals' legal defense, and bringing a constitutional challenge of the law both facially and as applied.

This protest will occur contemporaneously with similar protests in other states where politicians have determined to run roughshod over Constitutional rights in an attempt to make a showing of "doing something" about violence, but who lack the courage and political will to take a close look at the mental health system and the systemic failures that resulted from phasing out institutional care while greatly increasing the dispensing of dangerous psychotropic drugs.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: July 2 Colorado
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 06:39:36 PM »
I will beleave it when it happens.   no way they will get 500
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Cabby

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 09:17:50 PM »

Maybe.

I, like many others, am wondering just how much more the productive, non-government supported citizens of the formerly United States will tolerate from the completely out-of-control Federal and certain State government politicians and bureaucrats.

Since Obama's election/re-election the people have been engaged in a form of "civil disobedience" by buying firearms and ammunition in record amounts(at inflated prices too) in response to the ominous, anti-Second Amendment chain-rattling coming from our ruling elites.    When the rulers threaten to confiscate, the people take it underground.   And when the people take it underground, bad things tend to happen.

As someone once said:  "Something somewhere has gotta give."   Maybe something begins to give in Colorado come this July.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 09:36:03 AM »
Maybe.

I, like many others, am wondering just how much more the productive, non-government supported citizens of the formerly United States will tolerate from the completely out-of-control Federal and certain State government politicians and bureaucrats.

Since Obama's election/re-election the people have been engaged in a form of "civil disobedience" by buying firearms and ammunition in record amounts(at inflated prices too) in response to the ominous, anti-Second Amendment chain-rattling coming from our ruling elites.    When the rulers threaten to confiscate, the people take it underground.   And when the people take it underground, bad things tend to happen.

As someone once said:  "Something somewhere has gotta give."   Maybe something begins to give in Colorado come this July.

yeah...it seems like there must be 1000s of fuses in place with more added with every news update.  May just be a matter of time before one gets lit.

BHO is going to push it.  Either The People will cave or revolt.  He wins either way.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 10:01:57 AM »

You have been in Kalifornistan too long. Here in what's left of America, we're pissed. I think that with this much advanced notice of the event, and what is at stake, 500 will prove to be a conservative estimate.
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:31:27 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 12:42:59 PM »
Care to bet a box of ammo on it?
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Friends, don't let friends, shop Wal-Mart
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 05:37:02 PM »

9mm NATO, or, .45 ACP, or .38 Special, or .380 ACP.  People like me are truly, incandescently, angry.  If I lived in Colorado, I would be there.
“It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.”

James Madison

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 03:53:32 PM »

I was going to suggest a case of beer. Just because I couldn't, in good conscience, take ammo from a fellow shooter.
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 06:27:28 PM »
I was going to suggest a case of beer. Just because I couldn't, in good conscience, take ammo from a fellow shooter.

Make sure it is a Dog Fish Head 120 minute IPA or a slab of Sierra  Nevada Torpedo

Good luck with the fight there.

Will it work though.  We had mass rallies here back in 96 and still got bent over
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk