Author Topic: Georgia Alert  (Read 5887 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
Georgia Alert
« on: April 04, 2013, 05:14:39 PM »
From the National Association fro Gun Rights comes the below info.
Please take the time to contact Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-GA) concerning this matter.
Probably wouldn't hurt to contact Sen. Saxby Chambliss also.

I have received numerous letters from Senator Saxby Chambliss (R-GA) saying that he totally 100% opposes gun control, but Isakson always seems wishy-washy in his letters.

There is a petition at the link below, and both their contact links.

Dear chuck:

The most dangerous phase in the fight for gun rights is upon us -- RIGHT NOW.  I’m talking about Obama’s Triple Threat gun control scheme that Sen. Reid will push next week.

I'm afraid your Senator Johnny Isakson may help ram through one, two, or even all three parts of this triple threat.

After I explain the details, I need you to take IMMEDIATE action by contacting Senator Johnny Isakson.

You see, Sen. Isakson recently told the anti-gun media that he plans to “focus on background checks and mental healthcare” two key parts of Obama’s Triple Threat.

I refuse to accept ANY part of Obama’s Triple Threat.

The good news is, Senators Rand Paul, Mike Lee, and Ted Cruz have pledged to filibuster ANY and ALL gun control Legislation.

Will you take action by INSISTING Sen. Isakson join this filibuster?

It's critical gun owners across America stand up right now.

PETITION LINK HERE:

http://www.nagr.org/2013/jisakson-email.aspx?pid=ga01

Sen. Isakson contact info:

ATLANTA OFFICE
One Overton Park
3625 Cumberland Blvd, Suite 970
Atlanta, GA 30339
Tel: (770) 661-0999
Fax: (770) 661-0768

WASHINGTON D.C. OFFICE
United States Senate
131 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Tel: (202) 224-3643
Fax: (202) 228-0724

http://www.isakson.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/email-me

Sen. Chambliss contact info:

416 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Main: 202-224-3521
Fax: 202-224-0103

http://www.chambliss.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/email

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Georgia Alert
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 02:04:05 PM »
More from Ga Gun Owners, Inc.

Georgia Senator Johnny Isakson is all over national TV today saying he won't join 13 other Senators in filibustering Harry Reid's gun control bill. What this means is, if Reid and the gun-grabbers can break the filibuster (60 votes) they can pass whatever they like using amendments (50 + 1 votes).

Isakson is making a huge mistake in abandoning your gun rights.

Politely but firmly let him via phone call what you think about his lack of back bone in protecting your gun rights.

Call Johnny Isakson:

DC Office: 202-224-3643

Atlanta Office: 770-661-0999

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 02:45:35 PM »
I just called and left a VM.   "Stand firm against ANY gun control.  Support a filibuster if that's what it takes."

I also said that if he wanted to compromise then repealing all gun laws back to 1968 instead of 1934 would be a good compromise... for now.

Followed it up with an email on his web site saying the same thing.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 03:02:29 PM »
I really hope someone decent runs against Isakson when his term is up.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 01:11:32 PM »
Looks like Isakson (via his staff) is digging a deeper hole. Apparently, members of his staff are getting irate and rude to constituents.

From the National Association for Gun Rights:
One of our NAGR members called into Senator Johnny Isakson's office this morning and was promptly chewed out by a member of his staff. All because this nice lady was asking for him to OPPOSE gun control and SUPPORT the Rand Paul-led filibuster.

She left us a message describing what happened.

Listen for yourself then LIKE and SHARE this post and video with your friends all over Georgia.

Give Isakson's office a call as well and let them know that your gun rights are NOT up for debate:

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:15:35 AM »

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 11:00:32 AM »
SPINELESS BASTARDS!   >:(

Chambliss is not running for re-election, so he doesn't apparently care........

Isakson and Chambliss just voted for the motion to proceed on Obama's gun control bill.
The vote was 68-31.
41 were needed to kill the bill.
Now, there will be amendments either today or within the next 30 hours.

Isakson and Chambliss are spineless. They chose to stand with Schumer, Reid Feinstein and Obama instead of with conservatives seeking to kill the bill.

We'll keep the updates coming throughout the day.

SHARE with your (Ga) friends.

Call Isakson and Chambliss and politely but firmly let them have it:

Call Johnny Isakson:

Call Saxby Chambliss:

DC Office: 202-224-3521

Atlanta: 770-763-9090

Augusta: 706-650-1555

Macon: 478-741-1417

Moultrie: 229-985-2112

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk