Author Topic: Coburn Proposal  (Read 2402 times)

1Buckshot

• Monty Lucht
  • Top Forum Member
  • COMMENCE FIRING
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Coburn Proposal
« on: April 19, 2013, 09:26:40 AM »
Hear is a new background check by Republican Sen. Tom Coburn of Oklahoma. It puts the burden on the seller of a gun if they want to use it. It may not say you have to, but maybe you should.
 What do you think. I will have to see the whole bill before deciding myself.

http://www.npr.org/2013/04/18/177825289/coburn-proposal-would-make-buyer-prove-ability-to-buy-guns?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Coburn Proposal
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 01:12:33 PM »
I gave up after a few minutes of reading.

Does he ever get around to explaining how you are going to prove you someone you are not on the list?
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 01:52:09 PM »
20,000 local, state and federal regulations have failed to do anything but infringe the rights of the law abiding.
But criminals will all obey #20,001 honest, this is the magic bullet.
Any one in favor of one more useless law is a f*cking idiot.

JLawson

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 11:34:24 PM »
FTA:

COBURN: Well, the same way if you went through a licensed gun dealer - they wouldn't be there either. So what was proposed yesterday actually doesn't work. And the reason it doesn't work is if you've ever been to a gun show, the vast majority of guns sold at gun shows aren't sold by licensed dealers. They're sold by other people who are trading guns. So you have to address it.
[Emphasis is mine.]

The "vast majority"... really Coburn... that's even worse than the "40%" bullcrap we've been hearing from Obama.  I'll give his bill a fair reading when it's available.  If it's anything like the gibberish in that article, however, I'll be upset for having wasted the time.

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 11:35:19 AM »
"The people who aren't going to follow the law aren't going to follow it anyway."

Hey dumbf**k, why even write the law!!!
You want the law abiding people to jump through hoops knowing the criminals won't. Sounds perfectly logical. ::) ::)

Do politicians have their common sense surgically removed or are they born that way?
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:17:21 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 02:37:46 PM »
"The people who aren't going to follow the law aren't going to follow it anyway."

Hey dumbf**k, why even write the law!!!
You want the law abiding people to jump through hoops knowing the criminals won't. Sounds perfectly logical. ::) ::)

Do politicians have their common sense surgically removed or are they born that way?

Classic.    ;D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 11:22:21 AM »
THey have it removed them shoved up thier butts by the people that paid for them.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk