Author Topic: What's up with Dillon lately  (Read 16185 times)

DeltaM

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: What's up with Dillon lately
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 07:19:58 PM »
Strange about the phone being busy.  I've called maaaaaany times and have never had a busy signal.

Richard

Are you saying I'm not being truthfullllllllll?  Maybe you could call for me.  Tell them to check their tech support e-mails for the one I sent today without any attachments.  All help is appreciated but no criticism is appreciated. 

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2013, 05:10:25 AM »
NO, I AM NOT SAYING YOU ARE NOT BEING TRUTHFUL!!!!!!!!!  I have no reason to do that.  I am saying your experience is different from mine. 

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

DeltaM

• Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2013, 12:52:51 PM »
NO, I AM NOT SAYING YOU ARE NOT BEING TRUTHFUL!!!!!!!!!  I have no reason to do that.  I am saying your experience is different from mine. 

Richard
Tried to call 1-800-762-3845 today seven times.  Busy signal every time.  Still no response from my third e-mail, two to "contact us" and one to "tech support".

Richard,
Is this the number you dialed?  This is the one from Dillon's web site.  If you are so go at calling them how about a little help?

I did go by the hardware store and buy the necessary supplies and spliced in a wire.  I'll have to go back and get something else to keep the wires from being hit by the rotating weight.  I won't be leaving this thing while away or asleep.  There are black scorched marks on one of the other wires.

Most likely my last purchase from Dillon.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 01:58:33 PM »
Found this on the Dillon Precision Website:

Call Toll Free 800-223-4570 or 480-948-8009
Fax 480-998-2786

Please be aware that while e-mail is checked  during the week, it is not checked on weekends and on holidays. Please give us at least 14 days to respond, due to the volume of e-mail received.

Different number.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

DeltaM

• Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2013, 04:21:35 PM »
Found this on the Dillon Precision Website:

Call Toll Free 800-223-4570 or 480-948-8009
Fax 480-998-2786

Please be aware that while e-mail is checked  during the week, it is not checked on weekends and on holidays. Please give us at least 14 days to respond, due to the volume of e-mail received.

Different number.

Thanks, I've tried that one this afternoon three times, busy signal.  Used my cell as well as a land line.

This is the number I found on their home page.  Toll Free 800-762-3845 or 480-948-8009 • Fax 480-998-2786 • 7-6 MST, M-F, 8-3 Sat

I'll send them a letter by snail mail and not waste any more time trying to call.  Appreciate the help.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 11:42:00 PM »

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2013, 08:31:07 PM »
DM, the number I always use is 800-223-4570.  I guess I have been lucky.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2013, 12:51:50 PM »
Just to find out what was up, I called Dillon at the 480-948-8009 number to ask  them if there were problems with their 800 numbers because folks I knew have been trying several times a day for a few weeks to call and get a busy signal.

The woman told me that all 30 lines are busy from the minute they open until they close and have been that way for 10 weeks.

Most are orders for gear and then tech questions about how something works and then problems that need fixed.

I asked if calling  her number would help and she did say she could not help, but would put the call in the queue.

So..maybe calling her would get past the busy signal...she also said most calls take 30 minutes..so there might be a long wait on a chargeable call.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

DeltaM

• Liked:
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2013, 02:24:34 PM »
Just to find out what was up, I called Dillon at the 480-948-8009 number to ask  them if there were problems with their 800 numbers because folks I knew have been trying several times a day for a few weeks to call and get a busy signal.

The woman told me that all 30 lines are busy from the minute they open until they close and have been that way for 10 weeks.

Most are orders for gear and then tech questions about how something works and then problems that need fixed.

I asked if calling  her number would help and she did say she could not help, but would put the call in the queue.

So..maybe calling her would get past the busy signal...she also said most calls take 30 minutes..so there might be a long wait on a chargeable call.

Thanks & UGGH!!

Wish I had gone into the firearm and reloading business a year ago & overstocked.  Hind-site, and all that.  Thankfully, I have my other brass cleaner.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2013, 02:45:43 PM »
yeah...sounds like all the buying frenzy is hitting the auxiliary products markets for firearms too.

And they are in a tough spot with customer service....can't simply hire some guys in Pakistan to get past the crunch.

Even to help configure an order takes an in depth knowledge of the product line and dependencies..along with a general knowledge of reloading.

—Patrick Henry

— Daniel Webster

DeltaM

• Liked:
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2013, 03:00:49 PM »
yeah...sounds like all the buying frenzy is hitting the auxiliary products markets for firearms too.

And they are in a tough spot with customer service....can't simply hire some guys in Pakistan to get past the crunch.

Even to help configure an order takes an in depth knowledge of the product line and dependencies..along with a general knowledge of reloading.

I suppose you are right.  I'll cut 'em a  bit of slack, at least for now.  Sure is frustrating though. 

Not really a firearms issue but I went on Medicare last month.  That is another major FUBAR.  Wished the government would stick to the military and paving roads.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk