Author Topic: Have ordered a new knife....  (Read 10717 times)

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Have ordered a new knife....
« on: August 12, 2013, 10:52:42 AM »
Have just ordered a new knife, it will be my first custom made job.
I have often thought about getting one made by a reputable maker like Randy Haas or Art Summers etc but I decided to go with an aussie knife maker.
The guys facebook page is
https://www.facebook.com/TJAtkinsonHandmadeKnivesAustralia https://www.facebook.com/TJAtkinsonHandmadeKnivesAustralia/photos_stream

Here are a few examples of his work

and while your looking at these knives try and remember this guy is 15 years old....

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1071
Re: Have ordered a new knife....
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 02:40:19 PM »
Those are some really nice looking knives. It's hard to believe a 15 year old made them.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 04:46:35 PM »
Holy Dingos Batman! 15? Yikes! I wonder what he'll do in 20 years.

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 04:52:39 PM »
Holy Dingos Batman! 15? Yikes! I wonder what he'll do in 20 years.

Retire .     ;D

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 04:58:03 PM »
Not on FB...what are his prices like?  Oh yea, great looking blades.

Richard

Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:21:22 AM »

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 11:10:40 PM »
Not on FB...what are his prices like?  Oh yea, great looking blades.

Richard

Pretty reasonable, mine is quoted at 200.00
The style I am after is like pic # 2 except I want mine a little bigger.
The blade in the pic was 165mm overall and 80mm blade and it would have cost 135.00 + post
I hope that gives you an idea on prices.
Yes hard to believe only a young tacker but its the truth. Hoping getting one of his knifes early on in his career will pay off in a few years. Dunno whether I will use it or set it aside for the Grand Son thinking the latter.
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 05:10:42 AM »
The style I am after is like pic # 2 except I want mine a little bigger.
The blade in the pic was 165mm overall and 80mm blade and it would have cost 135.00 + post

I'm partial to clip points myself and thought if I bought one it would be #2.

Of course you want it bigger.  [austrailian] "That's not a knife, mate.  This is a knife." [/aus]
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 05:49:42 AM »
The price does seem reasonable.  I'm not that fond of cp but any of the pictured knives would be worth having.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 09:11:25 AM »

Of course you want it bigger.  [austrailian] "That's not a knife, mate.  This is a knife." [/aus]

Well yeah have a few of those already one cant be unprepared when in the bush amongst the Drop Bears.

One of the better big knives I have is a Nepalese Khukuri, it will slice, dice and chop your way through any upcoming apocalypse  ;D

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 09:52:12 AM »

Of course you want it bigger.  [austrailian] "That's not a knife, mate.  This is a knife." [/aus]

THIS is a knife  :D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPnrJtzRy5s
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk