Author Topic: Smith and wesson SW99  (Read 3631 times)

Mr.45

• Active Forum Member
  • TAP RACK READY
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Smith and wesson SW99
« on: May 25, 2008, 04:54:42 AM »
Does anyone own one of these SW99s and if so does anyone carry it on a daily basis? I have an opertunity to pick one up but I can not seem to find to much info or reviews on them.
RDH

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Smith and wesson SW99
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 06:52:10 AM »
http://www.gunblast.com/SW990L.htm

Looks pretty impressive.
Good Luck!
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Smith and wesson SW99
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 05:10:09 PM »
I have the one reported on in Gunblast. Compact .40. I had to send it back to S&W after numerous failures to feed in the first 300 rounds. Received it back in hand in eight days with four new mags (they kept the old ones). It was absolutely fixed, and 1000+ rounds later, it runs just fine. I carry Speer, Gold Dots in it and it is ferocious to shoot a lot due to it's light weight under recoil, but the trigger is short, smooth and sufficiently light to be safe but accurate. A lot of power in a small package.

I am curious as to a comparison with the M&P models. I'm not trading mine, ever, but I'd look at both.

Mac.
Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk