Author Topic: WOW maybe there is a probability of common ground  (Read 2262 times)

1Buckshot

• Monty Lucht
  • Top Forum Member
  • COMMENCE FIRING
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
WOW maybe there is a probability of common ground
« on: November 12, 2013, 03:56:34 PM »
Liberal Anthony Bourdain: There are a lot of nice people in this country... and a lot of them own AR-15s.

One of the more interesting shows on television is Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown on CNN. Sunday was the season finale, where host Bourdain traveled to Detroit to explore the food and culture. After the episode — “The Last Bite” — Bourdain gathered with friends in a Las Vegas bar to discuss the season, which included a segment filmed in New Mexico that featured “gun culture.” CNN host Don Lemon joined Bourdain, along with Roy Choi (author of L.A. Son) and actor Wendell Pierce.

Bourdain, an avowed “New York lefty,” admitted that he likes guns and expressed his respect for American gun owners:

These people in the segment, as many people in red state America — in gun country America —  these are nice people. They like guns. As a matter of fact, I’ve gotta admit, I like guns. I like holding guns. I like shooting guns.

Read on'
http://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2013/11/11/4-cnn-liberals-walk-into-a-bar-and-defend-gun-rights/?singlepage=true

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
Re: WOW maybe there is a probability of common ground
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 09:46:25 PM »
It's good to see a lefty that is willing to look at things fairly.   :)

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 06:51:35 PM »
CNN aired this?  Everybody check under the bed for alien pods tonight!

I'm glad AB is honest enough to say it's OK to own - and like - a firearm.
Good for Anthony.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

lhprop1

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 11:03:58 AM »
I've always liked Bourdain.  Despite being a self proclaimed "New York Lefty", his words and actions on his shows speak to him being a bit left of center, but not a full blown lefty/progressive and someone who believes strongly in personal freedoms.  I have many friends that lean that way and for the most part, they're good people. 

He is one of the 2 or 3 people at the top of my "Who would you most like to sit down and have a few beers with" list
Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous.  So are cowardice and intelligence.

"We Americans have been a rebellious band of freedom loving vagabonds from the very beginning. Our freedom from the crown and tyranny would not exist had it not been for the gun. That's a tradition we like to hold on to.  The same can't be said for the rest of you 'Subjects of the Queen'."--said to a Canadian friend who just doesn't get it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk