Author Topic: 2 Questions  (Read 5648 times)

nosimij

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
2 Questions
« on: November 13, 2013, 11:27:32 AM »
1) Any suggestions on where to find a set of instructions for setup and use of RCBS Dies?  I picked up a set of RCBS dies used at a Great price.  I put them in my Turret press this week and noticed they are not like my Lee Dies.  I Deprimed all of my 38SP brass (less than 200).  I did not notice the amount of flare they put on the brass.  Now they will not feed into the other dies.  I was not paying attention so I messed them up.  THere was no pressure needed to make them deprime.  I have looked at the RCBS website and did not see anything, so I am asking if anyone knows of somewhere online that might have some help.

2) Is it just me or is powder the new primer?  My local shops are running out of powder.more empty than not for 30 feet and 4 shelves high.  Is there powder in your area?

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: 2 Questions
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 12:10:14 PM »
This might help with the expander problem.

Here is a more detailed text explanation of using reloading dies...

http://www.chuckhawks.com/adjust_reloading_dies.htm

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 06:40:24 PM »
nosimij, I see you are from NE Ohio.  Try Fin Feather and Fir.  The Canton store had powder (but not a lot).  Also, I believe there is a gun show at Medina County Fairgrounds Sat. and Sun.  You should be able to find powder there.  As for over belling, if there were just a few...but since you have so many I can't think of a good way to correct the situation.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

nosimij

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 08:06:38 PM »
Ellis

Thanks for the Fin suggestion but I was at the Canton Fin  that is where the question came from. 

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:57:25 AM »

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 12:43:09 PM »
Hit Medina then.  Powder there.

Richard

PS:  You might also try Kames.
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk