Author Topic: Season 14 Episode 3  (Read 11684 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
Re: Season 14 Episode 3
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 08:23:48 PM »
Must have been a thrill to get one on one instruction from a guy like Gabe and meet MB and the crew!

Proud of both of you...

Missed the tactical Topsiders though!!!  :)

Ask and you shall receive.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 08:42:56 PM »
And for the record, this was my final, final target which I chose to go for the head.

Will work for ammo

ExurbanKevin

• Working on Gun Culture 2.1RC3
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • There are CZ's, and there's everything else
    • Ammoman.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2014, 11:25:44 PM »
To quote a line from Sports Night, "If you've had half as much fun watching the show as we had making it, well, we've had twice as much fun as you."

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Re: Gabe being controversial: Search his name, you'll soon find out why. My only comment on that is, how long should a man pay for one mistake, and why are so many people upset about something that doesn't affect them in the slightest?

Is he a good trainer? I think Alf's target above and my target below should settle that question: There are five shots in this picture.

I can't understand people who think banning guns makes them safer. They must also believe that banning books makes them smarter.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 05:17:11 AM »
Having been accused myself of misappropriation of Federal funds (not guilty and settle without charges being filed), I'm willing to cut a lot of slack to people who face charges like this.  Many times the laws are written that make you in technical violation even though you followed all the rules.

Will work for ammo

Henny

• NRA Life Member
  • Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 07:52:18 AM »
I thought I looked especially dumpy.  The camera must add 15 pounds and at least 5 inches to the waist.

I already have acquired a  S&W CORE, but not a red dot sight for it.  I love the core  with its high iron sights. I'm taking it out in USPSA the next chance I get.  The front sight is so high it hangs up, snags, in a lot of holsters.  Works great in the blade-tec.

Gabe is a very refined, sophisticated, yet down-to-earth gentleman.  I was expecting a drill Sargent and got a mentor/professor.

Gabe has some opinions on not only technique, but also on teaching methodologies of other schools that may not sit well with some people.   And visa versa, others don't like his technique either.

I would love to have the time and money to go through the course again without the cameras there.  They sort of impede on the training time and I feel a little stiff when the red light is on.  Then I'd like to take someone else's course for comparison.

Alf, I wouldn't say you looked "dumpy", you looked like a refined gentleman that improved his shooting skills right before our eyes! ;)

I'm trying to recall the optics that were used?  I know the one pistol had a Docter Optic red dot on it.  Was it the 3.5 or 7 MOA dot?  I would have loved to hear Gabe's or  your takes on the optics without being a sales pitch.  Michael, if you read this, it may be a good topic for the podcast!  (Yes, I'm an unashamed pod person! ;D)

Training can be addicting, can't it? 

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 04:57:55 AM »

ExurbanKevin

• Ammoman.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2014, 08:25:27 PM »
Holy cow, Alf, did we actually have that much fun, or was that just good editing?

;D ;D

I can't remember the last time I had that much fun on a range.

BIG thanks to Michael, Gabe, Alf and John and all his crew for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
I can't understand people who think banning guns makes them safer. They must also believe that banning books makes them smarter.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2014, 09:43:35 PM »
I searched Gabe, and I read three reports about the situation.  Couple things were notable - Plea bargain!  Of course the officials strut their victory, but look at the fines.  For the list against him those fines are less than speeding tickets.  Also, wife serves one day in jail and fellow officer gets no time.

While the victors strut I can hear someone on the other side saying that Gabe threw himself on a grenade.

I don't know what all happened here, but I have lived too much life, trusted conversations about who and what, and paid some high prices for gray areas and other peoples areas to be judgmental of what I read about this.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2014, 10:34:03 AM »
So, if Gabe's training is top notch at a fair price, but you worry he has larceny in his past, don't let him hold your wallet while you train and don't pay by credit card.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2014, 08:03:42 PM »
So, if Gabe's training is top notch at a fair price, but you worry he has larceny in his past, don't let him hold your wallet while you train and don't pay by credit card.

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

ExurbanKevin

• Ammoman.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2014, 06:20:27 PM »
I'm trying to recall the optics that were used?  I know the one pistol had a Docter Optic red dot on it.

The other, IIRC, was a Leupold. Not sure on the size of the dots, but I want to say 7 MOA. They weren't small.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk