Author Topic: #354 - riding to reset  (Read 3152 times)

ske1eter

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
#354 - riding to reset
« on: February 17, 2014, 07:40:11 PM »
It was good to hear the podcast regarding riding the trigger to reset. Shooting in our local matches, I've never felt the reset while I'm going through a stage. Of course, the possibility exists that the reason for this is that I'm not very good.  :o

There are those who are always searching for the elusive positive reset. I always get a kick out of watching for forum requests asking for a stronger reset on the M&P, to make it more like a Glock! To me, that points to many people who spend their time on ranges with a Glock (up to the point of buying the M&P) that only allow one shot per second, no drawing from the holster, nor taken any training classes where multiple shots are fired in rapid succession. They only know *that* trigger feeling gained through slow fire.

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
Re: #354 - riding to reset
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 02:32:49 PM »
I was listening very intently to MB's points on this also. I know that I am horribly guilty of slapping the trigger, it was something that Kyle hammered me for at Gunsite. I must say that I felt a little vindicated, since a) I knew I couldn't fire near as fast as I was required to if I was feeling for reset, and b) honestly it is a bad habit that I picked up early and have just made it work for me.

As a side note, it is something that I have been working on, and don't do it nearly as bad as I used to. (Penny Drills)

I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: #354 - riding to reset
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 03:01:40 PM »
I remember seeing a video of Rob Leatham shooting in slow motion and that guy slaps the crap out of the trigger.

Imagine how much he could have won if he would have fixed that issue....ROFL!  ;D
He who dares wins.  SAS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk