Author Topic: 22LR ammo  (Read 12255 times)

Pababear

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
22LR ammo
« on: March 02, 2014, 06:00:56 PM »
Anyone seen .22LR in a brick, and what is the price range?  Where's it all gone?

Timothy

Re: 22LR ammo
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 06:53:37 PM »
Nothing for weeks.

Kinda pissed I gave a brick away last year...

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 05:06:18 AM »
At this rate, a whole generation of kids will never know .22lr.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 09:09:08 AM »
Lots at local gun shows @ $50+ a brick!

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1089
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 03:02:51 PM »
I miss the good old days when they had sales of 99 cents a box. I still have an old brick that cost $9.90. Now it seems it's worth its weight in gold so I keep it under lock and key in case someone breaks in. Some other ammo they can take and I won't miss it too much.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:40:47 AM »

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Friends, don't let friends, shop Wal-Mart
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 03:56:45 PM »
I miss the good old days when they had sales of 99 cents a box.

Hell, I used to scrounge soda bottles to return for the deposit.  Then I would cross the road to the Western Auto and put 50 cents on the counter for a box.  I was ten or eleven.  The folks at the store knew my Old Man.  They knew if'n I did something stupid, the Old Man would beat the livin' shit outta me.  Guess that's why they let me have 'em.  That was in the 1960"s though, so it may have been just the way it was.
“It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.”

James Madison

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 05:46:28 PM »
Hell, I used to scrounge soda bottles to return for the deposit.  Then I would cross the road to the Western Auto and put 50 cents on the counter for a box.  I was ten or eleven.  The folks at the store knew my Old Man.  They knew if'n I did something stupid, the Old Man would beat the livin' shit outta me.  Guess that's why they let me have 'em.  That was in the 1960"s though, so it may have been just the way it was.

We still did that up into the late 70's-early 80's in our little fart of a town. The price was slightly higher, but not much. There was one little country meat market and the guy kept a brick behind the counter and sold them by the box, without much mark-up. There were some kids he refused to sell to because he knew they were trouble....... I guess me and my friends were OK..... he always sold them to us, and sometimes we had to chip in and split a box amongst ourselves is the bottle finding was slim that week. The freight train that ran through regularly had one crew that saved their bottles for us. They would toss them into the tall grass, one at a time, every few yards as they went through.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

robert69

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 01:20:23 AM »
I looked at my stock, and I have 4 bricks that I paid $5.00 a brick. (Federal and Wildcat).
I have around 12K on hand.
The match extra wolfe stuff I have I paid $5.00 for 50. Now its $20.00 for 50 rnds.
I also have grand children that shoot.  The last outing they went through 1200 rnds.
Of course it was not the wolfe ammo.
Recently Cabelas north of here had Win T-22 for $31.00 a brick, and flying off the shelf.
That stuff is junk for accuracy, but it does shoot.
Still, its lots of fun with the grandkids.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 02:28:18 AM »
In the 80s I road my bike in front of the capitol building(sacramento) with a 22 straped to my back.  We use to goto west sac and shoot ground squirrels.  The flood control guys would trade tails for boxs.  Damn things were destroying the leaves.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 07:50:12 PM »
Went in the new Gander Mountain store in a neighboring town......anything and everything you could want in 'bulk' ammo...EXCEPT .22lr.

**One thing I noticed really quick about the ammo they did have.....they like it a lot, based on prices.
(230gr FMJ .45 ACP 200 rounds for $130......  :o ......Bulk Federal FMJ @ $200 for 312 rounds.....where they come up with that number per can, I don't know)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk