Author Topic: CZ 75 series pistols  (Read 5448 times)

rojawe

• Top Forum Member
  • To the Republic for which it stands One Nation
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
CZ 75 series pistols
« on: June 15, 2008, 08:32:45 PM »
How many of you have or shot the 75 Series Pistols 9mm, I think they are great and will hold their own with any comparable pistol. ;D :o :P
EMPLOYERS STOP THE FLOOD E-VERIFY WORKS

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: CZ 75 series pistols
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 08:54:32 PM »
According to this sight, the top sounds pretty good.

I own an EAA Witness .40, identical in design, different caliber of course, but it is spot on.

P.S. Don't tell Hawkfish where those "G" guns placed.

http://www.best9mm.com/
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

WymoreWrangler

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 09:31:15 PM »
I shot one many years ago, before they were available for import to the U.S., a buddy was given one as a going away present from his West German counterparts, it was one of the finest pistols I've ever shot, period...

CZShooter

• IDPA SO/MD, NRA RSO
  • Top Forum Member
  • CZ75...the choice of anime's hottest bounty hunter
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 09:44:43 PM »
I'm a big fan (big surprise, huh  ;D). I have a 75B in 9mm with Hougue grips. I use mine for IDPA and put about 500 rounds a month through it. The only jam I have ever had was when I bought a cheap magazine...now I only buy factory or Mec-Gar mags. It comes up natural, has a great trigger, is more accurate than I'll ever be, and just feels good in your hand. In my opinion...this is one of the finest 9mm pistols you can buy.
If the women don't find you handsome...they should at least find you handy.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 06:35:25 AM »
Great guns. 

Take a stroll on www.best9mm.com .  The CZ 75 B is ranked number 1 of 25 guns.  It is inexpensive, well built and supremely reliable.  Add to that it's all metal construction (except for the grips) and ergonomics....definitely top ranked.

I own two, the CZ 75 B in 40 S&W and the SP-01 model as I want to shoot competition (at least try it once) and 9MM is cheap ammo.  I see a  CZ 2075 Rami in my future...near future.

Metal guns...something about that makes me say yeah.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:41:21 AM »

MikeO

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 01:13:26 PM »
It's a very good gun, I like 'em a lot.

Popular worldwide. When I travelled a lot, the cognoscenti packed mostly Glocks, BHPs, and CZ75s when they had a choice.

MRBS (mean rounds between stoppages) from govt tests (USA and Czech):

CZ75 compact 2,143 (7 in 15,000)
M11 (SIG P228) 15,000 (1 in 15,000)

Different set of guns and ammo, could easily swap places IMO. Lots of good clones from Switzerland, Italy, and Turkey too.

The new Armalite pistols are made in Turkey by Sarsilmaz, and are clones of the Tangfolio, which is a clone of the CZ...

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 06:49:01 PM »
MRBS (mean rounds between stoppages) from govt tests (USA and Czech):

CZ75 compact 2,143 (7 in 15,000)
M11 (SIG P228) 15,000 (1 in 15,000)...........

Any data for the full size CZ 75 B.  I think I remember some number in the range of the Sig being quoted....but that was long ago and I am old now.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Stainz

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 08:00:58 AM »
I bought my wife one years ago - before my 'complete' conversion to round guns. By far, it was the best evil-bottom-feeder I ever shot, as far as dependability. 8k-10k rounds through it - mostly Blazers - which we bought locally for <$80/case - cheap plinkers for her. Never a hiccup of any kind. A range-mate bought it - and severed the take-down pin the next week! Still, it came with a Hi-cap and a 10 rd mag - we bought a pair of US-made 15+ rd pre-bans back then... never a problem. I was just hard pressed to 'keep up' loading those mags with her shooting - and what a tackdriver from 12-25yd. Easy to clean, too. If they still were available with that RH thumbrest on the grip, I'd buy another - maybe even a similar CZ-97B (.45 ACP variant)... despite my now longtime edict of 'No rude-case-tossers!'. I've shot everything imagineable - and some best forgotten - in 9mm - the CZ is my favorite - with the S&W M&P 9mm right behind - then the Beretta 92 - the Glocks are way back.

Stainz

Bidah

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2008, 10:40:23 AM »
I have had one for a number of years, and it has been a great pistol.  While I cannot find anything specific to the 75 B, I would surmise that it would hold true to what was stated in this American Handgunner article about the P01:

For instance, according to the information supplied by CZ, the gun had to withstand 4,000 dry-firings, 3,000 de-cockings, operator-level disassembly and re-assembly 1,350 times, complete disassembly (all the way down to pins and springs) 150 times, 100-percent parts interchangeability, a 1.5 meter drop test (54 times) on concrete, three meter drop test, firing after being frozen at -36 F for 24 hours, firing after being submerged in mud, sand and combinations--and after having been stripped of all oil. The service life must exceed 15,000 rounds of +P 9mm ammo and indeed, testing revealed the P-01 has exceeded 30,000 rounds with ball 9mm.

The reliability requirement protocol was particularly astounding. Set at 98.8 percent (.2 percent) failure rate, this was tough-enough for any gun. This equals 20 stoppages per 10,000 rounds, or 500 "mean rounds between failures" (MRBF). During testing, the average number of stoppages was only seven per 15,000 rounds, or .05 percent failure rate. This translates to a MRBF rate of 2,142 rounds. That happens to be about five times the minimum acceptable rate for the U.S. Army, which is set at 495 rounds for 9mm pistols with 115 gr. ball ammo. The bottom line here is the fact this appears to be a rugged, highly reliable design, despite its small size and alloy frame. With this kind of testing history--and our own shooting experiences with the P-01--we think it should be a breeze for it to hold-up to anything a civilian shooter could dish at it.

-Bidah
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”  The Doctor

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk