Author Topic: .22 Suggestions?  (Read 20708 times)

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: .22 Suggestions?
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2008, 01:51:02 AM »
I have Brownings and Rugers in this caliber.. in pistols and rifles in both.  :)
(I know~~I'm a bit gun spoiled)  ;)
Love them all~~~
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

HAWKFISH

• Top Forum Member
  • One thing I've learned. **"It's hit or be hit."**
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2008, 09:53:58 AM »
Most .22's are good now days. I too would choose a Browning Buckmark over a Ruger MKIII. I own both of those and I like the Browning Buckmark better. Accuracy is about the same out of the two I have, both being super accurate, especially with CCI Stingers. Chargers or 10/22's are both good. 10/22's aren't as accurate straight out of the box as other rifles, but you can customize the crap out of them and they work forever. Just buy lots of ammo while it's cheap.  ;)

SlideRacker

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2008, 11:08:13 PM »
10/22 hands down. After market parts are everywhere, and that means thet you can make it look and perform how ever you want. For a hand gun, the Brownings are great, but I'll let you in on a secret, the S&W 22-A1 will win the bull's eye. The Smith's sights suck. They are an embarassment to all things holy, but the bore is the best I've seen. I have seen many .25 inch groups with mine and my buddies'. We all have red dot scopes on ours. I am sure someone will make a barrel with great sights on it soon.

KW Gary M

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2008, 06:39:57 AM »
Rifle;  Ruger 10/22, Marlin 60.

Pistol;  Avoid the SigArms Mosquito.  Lots of problems with those.  Ruger MK III is a good bet. 

I was so close to buying a sig mosquito until I started reading this site and gunandgame.com and saw all the bad reviews.  Thank God for the internet.

SwoopSJ

• November 12, 1978 - November 2, 2011
  • DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Love thy neighbor.
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2008, 04:26:46 PM »
I was so close to buying a sig mosquito until I started reading this site and gunandgame.com and saw all the bad reviews.  Thank God for the internet.
Amen.  I ended up buying a Ruger Charger, which I had never heard of until it was mentioned on this forum.  I mounted a Nikon pistol scope on it and headed to the range yesterday.  After 10 minutes of sighting in, I wreaked havoc on a Birchwood Casey resetting target (also new). ;D  That darn Ruger is too cool!  I would also highly recommend the resetting target by BC (mine has the little animal silouettes), its exponentially more fun than shooting paper targets or cans.
Swoop

"...to preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..."  --Richard H. Lee

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 09:41:42 PM »

CZShooter

• IDPA SO/MD, NRA RSO
  • Top Forum Member
  • CZ75...the choice of anime's hottest bounty hunter
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2008, 10:32:13 PM »
If they weren't so darned expensive...these are just too cool.  8)

http://www.americantactical.us/gsg-sellsheet-for-web.pdf
If the women don't find you handsome...they should at least find you handy.

SwoopSJ

• November 12, 1978 - November 2, 2011
  • DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Love thy neighbor.
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2008, 05:22:26 AM »
Ahh crap!  I see the wallet taking another hit in the very near future.  GA has them (GSG-5) listed from $520 to 560, hopefully my local shop can do a little better.  I am a victim of gun lust once again!
Swoop

"...to preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..."  --Richard H. Lee

Jkwas

• Very Active Forum Member
    • Jkwas
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2008, 07:28:29 AM »
I'll second or third the S&W 22a.  I never considered it until I rented one at the range to teach more daughter to shoot.

For indoor rangework the sights are good enough and it has the feel of a full size gun.  Talk about easy to clean, you

really don't have to take it down to do it.  You can drive a truck through the breach area with the slide locked open. 

Hit it with a brush and boresnake it a couple times, run a patch through and you're done.     Nice no hassle gun.

Zman2005

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2008, 09:48:00 PM »
FWIW - Just picked up my own GSG-5 on the 11th.  I have never had soo much fun plinking in my life.  Guess I  took my self to seriously.  :-* 
I was pleased with the accuracy, I was able to hit a 4 inch spinner consistently with open sites at 20 yards off hand. I put over 500 rounds through it. I had three FTF all with CCI Stingers. I also shot some mini mags and some unknown Federal  lead round nose 22s. All B4 the first cleaning.  Take down is a pain as you need to unscrew two flat head double headed screws to remove the stock and the trigger group / lower.  Other than that, you can get to the internals to clean it quite easy.  Certainly better than most 22s.  I was also impressed with the trigger.

If you want a pure fun gun,  you will love this one.  There seems to be quite a wait right now to get one and some gouging on price. 

Take Care

Zman

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk