Author Topic: An Apology to fellow forum members :  (Read 13514 times)

Jim Urban

• Top Forum Member
  • Stay Frosty-Stay Safe
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: An Apology to fellow forum members :
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2008, 07:05:11 PM »
Yeah, why not...I hear it's legal now.

ONLY until we put a stop to that nonsense in Nov.
S&W 340PD....I Won't Leave Home Without It.

Ron J

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2008, 08:50:57 PM »
In all seriousness, it's folks like Tom that make this forum as good as it is.  Many of us have visited other forums where the members give it their best to act like bitchy school girls.  Not so here.  Reason being is that it’s because of folks like Tom that know when to say “enough” when someone gets their panties in a knot.  I have been here a few months and I can’t recall where the moderators have had to lock down a topic or boot someone of the forum.  Again, that’s due to the people posting here and the courtesy and common sense that they show in their postings. 

It’s OK to argue and to be passionate about what you believe.  It’s another to be a condescending prick (which I will admit I can be pretty damn good at). 

Tom, your point was made and I don’t think you need to apologize. 

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2008, 09:32:53 PM »
TAB? TAB?? TAB???

Cue the crickets...... No, not the P-3ATs.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2008, 09:43:43 PM »
Hey Tom, Your a Veteran, a Patriot, and a DRTV Ranger! You have an all access backstage pass to call BS when you see it, call attention to idiocy when you read it, and pretty much post a "reality slap" to those who don't get it.

You are a respected member of an elite group, and one on this forum also. You call it like you see it, and are an absolute straight shooter. No apology necessary.

God Bless.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

CZShooter

• IDPA SO/MD, NRA RSO
  • Top Forum Member
  • CZ75...the choice of anime's hottest bounty hunter
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2008, 09:58:25 PM »
Tom;

No need to apologize. Just by starting this thread shows you are a man of great integrity. You're one of the reasons this is the greatest forum on the planet.

Thanks,
-KP
If the women don't find you handsome...they should at least find you handy.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 10:31:20 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2008, 10:30:47 PM »
TAB? TAB?? TAB???

Cue the crickets...... No, not the P-3ATs.
don't look at me, I had nothing to do with this.

I just ignored him.  He can say what ever he wants about me, I don't care what he thinks of me or my stance on issues.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

CybScryb

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2008, 11:03:49 PM »
I've always felt the reason we fought in various and sundry hell holes on this planet was so that anyone who is a citizen of our country can say anything, anytime, anywhere.  No matter how wrong a person is, how silly or misguided, or even how hateful, I will respect their right to say what they want on the condition they will respect another's right to rebut their arguments.

So I look forward to many more frank exchanges of ideas as we continue to prove to the rest of the world that gun owners can have passionate, vitriolic debates without the expect (by the Brady Klan) bloodshed at the terminus.

tombogan03884

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2008, 02:17:02 AM »
 I would like to thank my freinds here for their kind words, both to all Veterans in general and myself in particular.
I was fairly certain that you held the opinions you have expressed here. I had two objectives in mind when I first started this thread, the first was to explain why I was posting such intentionaly offensive answers to TAB's posts. The second reason was to reassure new members, who are not familiar with us that they really do not need to expect such treatment themselves, to reassure them that we are happy to share knowledge and opinions, and we will answer any question. From what to do about a squib stuck in the barrel to how to make a KILLER Margarita, if we collectively don't have an answer one or more of us will be googling madly to find one.
Again thanks to all for your kind words and to the 3 M's for maintaining this "Home away from home" for us.

PS KSail, Marines don't get out of duty by dieing, We get a guard post in heaven, check the Marine Hymn.
Thats how I know Islamic "martyrs" are being cheated, there are NO virgins left  ;D

cookie62

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2008, 07:28:13 AM »
don't look at me, I had nothing to do with this.

I just ignored him.  He can say what ever he wants about me, I don't care what he thinks of me or my stance on issues.

And thats what makes this site GREAT!!!!!!
A bird in the hand is worth..Well, about a box of shells!
Yes, I'm bitter and cling to guns and religion..

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2008, 08:42:41 AM »
I would like to thank my freinds here for their kind words, both to all Veterans in general and myself in particular.
I was fairly certain that you held the opinions you have expressed here. I had two objectives in mind when I first started this thread, the first was to explain why I was posting such intentionaly offensive answers to TAB's posts. The second reason was to reassure new members, who are not familiar with us that they really do not need to expect such treatment themselves, to reassure them that we are happy to share knowledge and opinions, and we will answer any question. From what to do about a squib stuck in the barrel to how to make a KILLER Margarita, if we collectively don't have an answer one or more of us will be googling madly to find one.
Again thanks to all for your kind words and to the 3 M's for maintaining this "Home away from home" for us.

PS KSail, Marines don't get out of duty by dieing, We get a guard post in heaven, check the Marine Hymn.
Thats how I know Islamic "martyrs" are being cheated, there are NO virgins left  ;D

Tom, I would first like to say THANK YOU !!!!
Keep being you.. Thanks to you and our vets we have a site like this.
 Again THANK YOU!!!!

shooter32

A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk