Author Topic: rossi revolvers  (Read 10501 times)

Galeth005

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
rossi revolvers
« on: June 30, 2008, 10:27:17 PM »
hey, just wondering if anyone has had any experiance with these guns, my dad has one and i have one that i never have fired... just wondering if its a sit and rust gun or something that actualy has some potential
Don't let their IGNORANCE take away YOUR rights!!!

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
Re: rossi revolvers
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 06:24:18 AM »
I was considering ordering one but went with the SR9 instead (silly me!)
I've handled (not fired) the .357 in blue and stainless. The stainless I liked- felt substantial and had nice action.
These guns have the old style firing pin on the hammer.
I'd get one if I had the spare buckus.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Jkwas

• Jkwas
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 10:11:16 AM »
My friend has a .357 model with a 6in barrel.  It's a beautiful gun and shoots good.  What more can you say?

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 09:20:54 PM »
Hello Galeth005, I have owned a Amadeo Rossi S.A. M971 in .357mag. through Interarms for over 10 years, its stainless with some of the best factory grips I have ever had. It has had ZERO issues, after at least 3500-5000 rounds.

It is kept with 5, 110gr. Winchester JHP  in my 2nd stage home defense "area", but I take it to the range, and pull the trigger, and it has never FTF. Crisp in DA, even crisper in SA, almost too crisp. Shoots .38 +P's all day, and full power loads as well.

I bought it used, which I almost never do, but am glad I got this one.

If you get a good one, you won't be disappointed.

My friend has a .357 model with a 6in barrel.  It's a beautiful gun and shoots good.  What more can you say?

+1
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

John McCreery

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 10:31:27 AM »
I had a husband and wife bring a charter and rossi to class over the weekend.  The wife was shooting the charter and switched to the rossi and made a comment about how much smoother the rossi trigger was. 

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:32:21 AM »

KW Gary M

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 11:24:21 AM »
I am looking at a .357 with a 2" barrel right now.  Rossi is now made by Taurus.  All around good revolvers at a low price.

Galeth005

• Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 10:58:59 PM »
hey so i go the chance to take out the 4" .357 the other day, fired 100 rounds of hot .357 and about 50 rounds of .38 +p... its a nice gun, i did however run into the problem on the second shot the chamber would not rotate and the hammer would not go back all the way.. so i unloaded it and took it apart cleaned and greased it fired smoothly from then on out... i do have to say they are alright firearms and they do go bang every time

twyacht

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 09:20:38 PM »
hey so i go the chance to take out the 4" .357 the other day, fired 100 rounds of hot .357 and about 50 rounds of .38 +p... its a nice gun, i did however run into the problem on the second shot the chamber would not rotate and the hammer would not go back all the way.. so i unloaded it and took it apart cleaned and greased it fired smoothly from then on out... i do have to say they are alright firearms and they do go bang every time

nothing like a little TLC to get 'em going,... for the price,  they are one of the good ones.

Good Luck
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Galeth005

• Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 10:25:24 PM »
i am truly pleased with its preformance, i do not howerver like the grips on it, the back end of it like to dig into the base of my thumb a bit to much, i have the rubber factory grip on it... i want to get a grip similar to the old GP 100's, the wooden grips for it, but my gun dealer doesnt order parts and i am at a loss for where to get a better grip from.

twyacht

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 10:45:50 AM »
i am truly pleased with its preformance, i do not howerver like the grips on it, the back end of it like to dig into the base of my thumb a bit to much, i have the rubber factory grip on it... i want to get a grip similar to the old GP 100's, the wooden grips for it, but my gun dealer doesnt order parts and i am at a loss for where to get a better grip from.

midwayusa.com
gunaccessories.com
ajaxgrips.com ,..............they have about the best Rossi grip selection.

Good Luck and post a picture
Col. Jeff Cooper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk