Author Topic: Pork Loin  (Read 3809 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
Pork Loin
« on: April 21, 2014, 12:58:04 PM »
Here is a great way of cooking and enjoying a pork loin:

Bacon-wrapped, sausage-stuffed pork loin

Take a link of your favorite sausage (smoked or fresh) and place in the freezer until it gets fairly rigid.

Take a fillet knife (or similar thin knife) and insert it into the end of the loin to make a pocket deep enough to insert the link of sausage.

Season the outside of the loin with your favorite rub or seasoning.
    *I use a mixture of seasoned salt, pepper, onion powder, and chili powder
    **Being a Georgian, I like to pre marinate my pork loins in a mixture of apple juice and apple cider      vinegar ~ gotta have vinegar on pork  :D )

Lay enough of the bacon strips out flat, edge to edge, and set the loin on top of the bacon.
Then take the ends of the bacon and pull up and over the loin, overlapping/interlocking each strip with the next.

Place on the smoker or grill on low heat to get the initial smoke flavoring.
(skip this step if cooking in the oven or crock-pot)

Pork loin has to cook slow, or it will dry out and get tough.

After about an hour at 200 degrees, I wrap the loin in several layers of foil and bump the heat up to about 250 until done (internal temp around 180-190).

**The next time I do this one, I plan to use a combo of smoker and Dutch oven.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk