Author Topic: Help me decide...  (Read 7866 times)

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Help me decide...
« on: April 28, 2014, 01:50:36 PM »
If you had a choice between:
A free standard Glock - Full size, compact or subcompact 9, 40, 357Sig gen 3 or 4.

One of the 45 or 10mm in their various sizes, (incl. SF) gen 3/4 for about $70.

One of the target models in 9, 40, or 45, gen 3/4 for about $110.

Which would you choose?

You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

mkm

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Help me decide...
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 02:25:16 PM »
I would suggest you send it to me. ;D

I have a 19, 26, & 20. Each has their merits.

I have a few questions to help you decide.

What is your intended purpose of the gun? Carry, range, competition, etc.

Do you concentrate on a select few calibers, like me, or do you want a big diversity?

Do you already own a Glock and want a compatible big or little brother for it?

Is it for urban or rural environments?

All of mine are gen 3; so, I can't make a suggestion between those two. Gen 4's are usually more expensive, though.

If it were me, I'd get another 19 in a heartbeat. I think it's the best overall frame size and offers the most versatility. The 26 is my standard carry gun and is a little lighter and more concealable. The 20SF is my woods gun.

Hope this helps.

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 02:51:58 PM »
I'd go for a full size 10 mm.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 03:53:50 PM »
At first I was thinking .45 because I like the caliber and have a few .45s already so I have the ammo on hand. Then I thought, I don't have a 9mm and probably should, so a G19 would be at the top of my list. Until I change my mind.   ;)
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Timothy

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 05:17:08 PM »
I'm going with a 20mm Phalanx...

But that's just me...   8)

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:55:51 PM »

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 06:33:09 PM »
I'm going with a 20mm Phalanx...

But that's just me...   8)

Can you CCW it though?  ;)
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Timothy

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 06:50:20 PM »
I got some really big pants, KM!  :)

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 07:20:15 PM »
I have a 19, 27, 23. (gen 3s)
Gen 3 or 4 isn't an issue as far as price goes, either is free if I stay in the basic models.
I thought about the 10mm because it's a hot round - downside is it's a hot round that can't be easily found.
I was leaning heavily toward the G-41 but thinking that I might be able to actually shoot a 34 faster due to it being 9mm.

I won this in a bullseye type competition using my Gold Cup Trophy.
It's a fun choice to have to make!  ;D   

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 10:50:40 PM »
if you plan on venturing into the arena of USPSA competition, I would suggest a Gen3 G34.... Gen3 cause I like to fool with springs...9mm for me is not nearly as accurate as any of my .45acp pistols, but my G34 gives me acceptable accuracy to 35y or so...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk