Author Topic: 04/23/07: This week's PODCAST  (Read 22343 times)

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
04/23/07: This week's PODCAST
« on: April 23, 2007, 11:23:16 AM »

The Monday after a very bad week....

Topics:

Virginia Tech
Liberal democrats have stood down
Media & Gun control
and more:
http://www.downrange.tv/podcast.htm

Moosedog

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 04/23/07: This week's PODCAST
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 01:51:08 PM »
Excellent,  as always!  Over the weekend (at work),  I mentioned the point about this generation of Americans (and I would consider myself part of it as well at 36 yrs. old) as having lost the ability/will to fight back.  I was amazed at the number of co-workers who just would've accepted what was happening to the victims at VA Tech and not fought back.  One actually said that if the legislation allowing concelaed carry on campus in Virginia had passed then more people would be killed.  That old logic that the act of carrying a weapon will make you want to shoot someone.  And this guy had been a police officer at one time. 

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 09:47:32 PM »
Hey Moosedog and Marshall, I agree, excellent. Michael observed all the right premises. Mindset, mindset, mindset.  I'm fortunate at least for now, I have been armed on the job for 24 years. I run a decently sized automotive repair shop in Dallas, Texas. When I began my latest job ( 12 years ) it was a bad neighborhood, I actually carried pepper spray ( big cannister ) on my hip during normal business hours, because the clientelle at that time was suspect. We have since turned it into a very nice place. I no longer carry pepper spray, but do carriy a s&w940 in front pocket, and have no less than 2 pistols and one rifle within a hundred feet. Sufficient ammo for a small stand off, and I can arm 3 other  people pretty quickly if things turned ugly. I worked the phone lines at phone banks, attended sign building party's for candidates and fundraisers in 1994, called republican senators and congressman who were voting for the Brady bill to find out why, that was awfull, I got New York, and the aids to the politicians said well, you got to start somewhere, and I replied has the senator or congressman read it, the answer was no to each. 1,000 pages long if I remember correctly. Be prepared to do all these things again in 2008, and pray for a good leader.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Overload

• Lefty Expert
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 11:31:54 PM »
Is there some way I can download this in non Ipod format (mp3, wma, etc) so I can listen with my non apple music player?
thanks,
Ed Davis
We have seen the future: and it's expensive. -Michael Bane
Home of the Tickle Me Pamela Anderson. -Michael Bane
Weasels are the switchblade-carrying psychos of the animal world, the meanest creatures on the planet by aggression-level-to-body-weight ratio. -Marko Kloos

Overload in Colorado

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • I feel more like I do now than I ever did
  • Liked:
Students Trained to Fight School Shooters
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 06:48:18 AM »
From last October...if only the VT "kids" had been taught this...

"The Independent School District of Burleson, Texas, just south of Ft. Worth is the first in the country to adopt a policy of training students to immediately fight back and use their advantage in numbers to take tactical control if a gunman enters their classroom."

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/students-trained-to-fight-school/20061018103309990004?ncid=NWS00010000000001
Don Worsham
Varied Movements Performed Intensely

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:49:49 AM »

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
Re: Students Trained to Fight School Shooters
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 08:43:42 AM »
From last October...if only the VT "kids" had been taught this...

"The Independent School District of Burleson, Texas, just south of Ft. Worth is the first in the country to adopt a policy of training students to immediately fight back and use their advantage in numbers to take tactical control if a gunman enters their classroom."

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/students-trained-to-fight-school/20061018103309990004?ncid=NWS00010000000001

FTA: ""He won't be able to shoot the fourth, fifth, eighth, twentieth or thirtieth student," he said."

Thirtieth student. How freakin' prophetic.

And notice the weenie in the article from the alleged "School Safety" program? Ooooo, the kids might get hurt if they attack the bad guy! We can't have that. Just teach them, as has already been done, to be good sheeple, line up quietly to be shot.

Or maybe sit from afar and take it all in on your camera phone so you can be famous for 15 minutes on YouTube.

Anyone think this is all accidental? Or is this just a natural byproduct of our children being taught to be quiet, don't make a fuss, rely on the gummint, and be a good consumer.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk