Author Topic: Suppressors Now Allowed for Hunting in Georgia and Alabama  (Read 5573 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/alabama-georgia-legalize-hunting-suppressors/
Alabama, Georgia Legalize Hunting with Suppressors

Last week the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources Advisory Board voted unanimously to overturn the state’s ban on hunting with suppressors. The new regulation is expected to take effect in late June, making Alabama the 33rd state in the nation to legalize suppressors for hunting. The decision by the board came shortly after nearby Georgia ended its own ban last month.

----------

Some hunters say that suppressors—or silencers as they are commonly called—can prevent hearing damage and make it easier to communicate in the field. While suppressors do not silence the sound of a gunshot entirely, studies have shown that it can muffle the sound to a point where it is safer for human ears. However, getting a suppressor can be a lengthy process.

“What some people don’t realize is that it is not that easy to get approval to buy suppressors,” Fred Harders, the assistant director of wildlife for the Alabama Department of Conservation, told al.com. “There is a pretty good bit of paperwork and a lengthy wait before the federal authorities will let you have one.”

-------------------

Not everyone is happy with the new regulations. Some hunters have their doubts about taking game with suppressors, which they believe can be a boon to poachers. Since the gunshot will be less noticeable, critics argue that the new regulation will embolden poachers to shoot game in places normally patrolled by wildlife officers.

Harders said that he doubted poachers would be willing to go through the paperwork.

“A poacher typically uses whatever they’ve got,” he explained.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Suppressors Now Allowed for Hunting in Georgia and Alabama
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 04:46:58 AM »
You guys are getting to be more like Arizona every year.  ;)

I hope no permit required concealed/open carry is next!
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 12:03:59 PM »
You guys are getting to be more like Arizona every year.  ;)

I hope no permit required concealed/open carry is next!

Constitutional carry Bills keep getting introduced.....and keep getting shot down.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

DeltaM

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 01:22:36 PM »
It is legal to hunt in North Carolina as of last fall as well.  We have, as of the last election cycle, had our first Republican House, Senate and Governor in over 100 years.  One of their first agenda issues was the use of cans for hunting.

It still take forever it seems to get one through the federal system.

I have a 30 cal rifle and a .40 S&W (used for my 9s as well) pistol in my gun safe.  I have a Mystic 5.56/9mm can and a .22 can in jail.  I get to look at them occasionally at my dealer ::)

Federally, they are still considered a "weapon of mass destruction".  Makes little sense.

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 01:55:42 PM »
Just another example of what dumb asses congregate in DC.
They do all they can to discourage the use of firearm silencers, but try driving your car with out one and see what they have to say.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:47:56 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk