Author Topic: WHEEL GUN  (Read 18992 times)

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: WHEEL GUN
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2008, 01:31:25 PM »
Hey Haz, what kind of Milk-Duds are you throwing with that anyway? Sent all my nuclear tipped .44 ammo south to defend Atlanta against the Ruskies. Need something new.
Thanks, Mac.
Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2008, 01:50:51 PM »
250 grain Montana Gold CMJ over 21 grains of H110.  Runs about 1200 fps and will light fires at 3 feet ;D
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

SwoopSJ

• November 12, 1978 - November 2, 2011
  • DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Love thy neighbor.
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2008, 04:20:57 PM »
+1 on the Ruger.  I have a Super Blackhawk Hunter I took bear hunting a few years ago and, needless to say, I fear nothing in the woods when it's on my side.  The only mod.  I made was to change the factory wood stocks to a nice, cushy set of Hogues.  I have ham hands though, so you may not find this necessary.  If something should go wrong with your gun, I can also give Ruger's customer service department two thumbs up.  I lost a spring while giving her a good scrubbin' and Ruger sent me a new one, free of charge, in about a week.  Now that's service, IMO.

Swoop
"...to preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..."  --Richard H. Lee

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2008, 08:54:49 PM »
I like 5" barrels, I have a model 29 classic hunter that is just stellar with 300 grain bullets, and mediocre with anything else, but because it has a scope  does not count,, my 4" gun is an old model 57, .41 magnum, and with any lead bullet is a tack driver, jacketed bullets are ok but not killer, I have ordered but not shot yet, some 270 grain bullets with a big meplat, that I think will be the hoss, but as with my .44 mag, the rear sight may not have enough downward adjustment, unless I replace the front sight.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2008, 04:04:50 PM »
I like 5" barrels, I have a model 29 classic hunter that is just stellar with 300 grain bullets, and mediocre with anything else, but because it has a scope  does not count,, my 4" gun is an old model 57, .41 magnum, and with any lead bullet is a tack driver, jacketed bullets are ok but not killer, I have ordered but not shot yet, some 270 grain bullets with a big meplat, that I think will be the hoss, but as with my .44 mag, the rear sight may not have enough downward adjustment, unless I replace the front sight.

Years ago I had a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Mag with a 10" barrel. An old guy at the range gave me some 44 special ammo that I believe were 248 gr RNL. Those things were so slow getting out of that long barrel that with the sights cranked down I still had to aim at the bottom of the paper on the target (2' x 2' NRA Bullseye) to hit the very top of the paper. A 2' spread between POA and POI..... ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 04:13:45 AM »

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2008, 07:00:14 PM »
Thanks for all the great input. I really dont like the blacks or reds. I lean towards the 29 series and maybe a little off brand in DA . I really like the Ruger in .357 but the .44 isnt my bag.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

TFox2112

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2008, 11:30:32 PM »
I have a 4' Redhawk.  Shoots nice and if you run out of ammo you can club whatever is after you death.  Also makes one heck of a boat anchor.

Yep, A bit heavy to tote all day, but boosts the old confidence a little (and not as filling as a 12-pack) ;D
NRA Life Member

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Conagher 45

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2008, 06:24:41 PM »
What ever happened to the Smith & Wesson Model 357PD ? Nice in between .41 mag. in a lite packing handgun.
There is room for all of God's creatures ....., That would be on my plate right next to the taters and gravy.

ewayte

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2008, 12:37:27 PM »
S&W has discontinued all .41 Magnum revolvers.   :(

coinstar

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2008, 10:33:29 PM »
i have shoot a 41 mag for years it great because i much easier tio control and place multipule shoot. Smith &wesson make iton the same frame as there 44 mag it a great round it is a little hard to find ammo but most good gun shops  can orderit for you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk