Author Topic: Guess what's on the cover of Amer. Handgunner mag?  (Read 5943 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Guess what's on the cover of Amer. Handgunner mag?
« on: July 20, 2008, 08:56:00 PM »
For those on this forum that have met headbanging frustration with Ruger and the SR9 recall debacle. The cover and subsequent review of the SR9 leaves me with issues. For qualifying as a "centerfold" in a gun mag, is this a marketing ploy? The LCP is in this issue also. Sounds like a someone at Ruger is trying to get back in the good graces of a lot of pissed off owners.

1. The article mentions the recall, only as a "copy" verbatim of Ruger's owner mailings, not the thousands that were sold and the disgruntled owners still waiting for the "box" to return it in. Or the s-l-o-w turnaround time thus far for retrofitting.

2. John Taffin, a true expert in handguns, writes the article called "Parabellum Perfection?", BUT it almost seems he's writing it as a Ruger sales rep, not as an "average owner that put down hard earned money" to be let down by a substantial recall.

3. Granted its a "good pistol", rushed to production, and a potential problem is being addressed, albeit slowly, but the article doesn't mention the improvement to the trigger group, or WHY it wasn't caught before mass distribution.

Personally, I own several Ruger handguns,a P-90, and a couple revolvers I absolutely love and enjoy. Shot my friends SR9 many many times, came ""this close to getting one.  He is still waiting for his "box". and according to the recall,"Do not load or fire your pistol until it has been factory retrofitted." Although with the safety "on" until ready to fire, it is OK.

It just seems they are RE-promoting a pistol to generate new sales, while NOT admitting the thousands of customers are patiently waiting to get theirs fixed.

Just my .02 cents.

The SR9 came out months ago, according to http://www.best9mm.com/ the SR9 would be higher if the recall didn't happen.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

tombogan03884

Re: Guess what's on the cover of Amer. Handgunner mag?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 09:57:27 PM »
In MY OPINION,(for whatever THAT'S  worth) Ruger makes revolvers that are as good or better than any others on the Market, but except for the .22's their semi auto's suck. as I said it's my opinion only

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 10:26:49 PM »
In the current issue of GUNS Mas Ayoob uses a rubber mallet to "test " the reason for the Ruger recall. His article just reinforces my opinion that the whole recall thing was generated by administrative rather than real world reasons.
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 06:51:48 AM »
Still waiting for my box after they acknowleged my registration for the recall on April 9.
If they'd spend less time on marketing bull___  and more time retrofitting the SR9s they'd end up with more happy customers.
The thing better SING when I get it back or I'll be trading it in and never buying another Ruger product.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Ruger-55

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 08:25:45 AM »
 >:(  Ya i called ruger yesterday and talked to sue in customer ser. seems she don't know much about the going on with the sr-9 . that sad!!!!!! talked to a tech seems he didn't care one way or the other about what was said good or bad . gee I wish they could have come up with a better idea for the trigger, I DO NOT LIKE THAT TYPE OF TRIGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. The way they had their trigers set was good ,cause i liked knowing that after the travel of the trigger the next pull would fire the round,. plus you could hold it there or release it with out firing the round..  but thats my opion...

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:29:17 AM »

tumblebug

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 04:55:42 PM »
 J.B. Will sell his.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 05:03:05 PM »
Yes, If I see another SR9 or XDM in a mag I might just puke.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

mx451

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 08:44:53 PM »
In MY OPINION,(for whatever THAT'S  worth) Ruger makes revolvers that are as good or better than any others on the Market, but except for the .22's their semi auto's suck. as I said it's my opinion only

You said it brother!
I've got two guns, one for each of ya!

wisconsin

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 09:07:38 PM »
My Mark 11 is very accurate. It was priced right, it has never failed me, it never had to go in for warranty work. But when I strip it down for its bath, and try to put it back together. Well lets just say I'd love to meet the person who designed it so I could smack him/her with it hard enough that thier family pets would feel it. That was the reason that I went to a S&W 41 this last time around. Its so easy to take apart and put back togther.
" I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."   John Wayne

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 11:37:01 PM »
My Mark 11 is very accurate. It was priced right, it has never failed me, it never had to go in for warranty work. But when I strip it down for its bath, and try to put it back together. Well lets just say I'd love to meet the person who designed it so I could smack him/her with it hard enough that thier family pets would feel it. That was the reason that I went to a S&W 41 this last time around. Its so easy to take apart and put back togther.

I shoot a Buckmark for that reason ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk