Poll

What would you rank as #1 from their list of the Top 25 9mm handguns?

CZ 75b
8 (12.3%)
Baby Eagle 9915R
1 (1.5%)
Beretta 92FS
9 (13.8%)
Taurus PT92
1 (1.5%)
FN Herstal FNP-9
6 (9.2%)
S&W M&P
3 (4.6%)
Springfield XD9 5"
9 (13.8%)
CZ 75 P-01
1 (1.5%)
Baby Eagle Semi-Comp. 9915RSL
0 (0%)
Beretta PX4
0 (0%)
Zastava EZ9
0 (0%)
Armalite AR-24
0 (0%)
EAA Witness Steel
0 (0%)
Glock G19 & G17
17 (26.2%)
Ruger SR9
2 (3.1%)
Bersa Thunder 9 High Capacity
0 (0%)
Stoeger Cougar 8000
0 (0%)
S&W 910
0 (0%)
EAA Witness Poly 4.5"
0 (0%)
Ruger P89
3 (4.6%)
Taurus PT911
0 (0%)
Ruger P95
0 (0%)
Charles Daly HP
1 (1.5%)
Hi-Point C9 Comp
2 (3.1%)
Taurus 24/7 Pro
2 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: Poll - best9mm.com  (Read 26148 times)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Poll - best9mm.com
« on: July 26, 2008, 09:55:36 AM »
http://www.best9mm.com/

The website has been referenced many times recently on this forum, so lets discuss it in a little more detail. I personally have a few complaints and disagree with many of the rankings:

1st: No SIG on the entire list? They should lose all credibility right there.

2nd: They list the Taurus PT92 at number 4 right behind the Beretta 92 that they say it clones so perfectly, BUT for $100 less...... In my book, that makes it a winner over the Beretta - same or better quality and $100 less..... you do the math!

3rd: The Glock 17 is only ranked #14??? I could go on and on about this, but let me just say that you will be hard pressed to find a more reliable 9mm on the planet. The Glock deserves to at least be in the top 5 of any list like this.

4th: SR9? Probably should have not had such a high rating (#15) on a handgun that has been designated by the factory for "paper weight use only". They need to work out all the kinks first before we will really see what the SR9's worth will be. I know you guys that own one have spoken highly of the SR9, but give me a break. Lets try to at least be a little objective here.

5th: Im sorry, but a Hi-Point firearm shouldn't even be on a list like this.

6th: It would be very easy for anyone to make the case that the S&W 910 is deserving of a much higher ranking then #18. Talk to any Cop that has experience with one and you will see what I mean. Should easily be in the top 15 or maybe even the top 10.

Ok There is my humble opinion..... talk amongst yourselves

---------> full disclosure: I voted for the Glock 17 as my #1 (Yes, I am biased..... but it is one hell of a gun!)

*Note: as per their rules, The guns must be great shooters, reliable, good quality, and cost less than $550 USD new from a gun dealer.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Poll - best9mm.com
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 11:53:12 AM »
E12,

Why shouldn't the Hi Point be on the list?

I have one, have put thousands of rounds through it with NO failures on many types of ammo.  It fits my hand well (I did put a sleeve on it), and is pretty darn accurate.  I have had some questions about it and their customer service always returned emails or phone calls.  It has an unconditional lifetime warranty (name another gun that has that). 

What's not to like?  You don't like the looks?  I could say that about some guns.  It's cheap?  And that's a bad thing?

I'll agree that a total take down is cumbersome (takes a punch) and on mine it does not 'spit' the empty mag out completely (something that doesn't really bother me as I don't shoot timed matches).

JMHO
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 12:09:26 PM »
What, no Browning HP!!!!!

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 12:27:16 PM »
Very poorly thought up list IMO, some pistols are obscure and not seen often and are specialized. And whats up with no HI-POWER!!! or Sig  :o
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 12:55:35 PM »
The subject should read, "The best 9mm on THIS LIST" because by almost everyone here, it doesn't include your favorite.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:01:56 AM »

CZShooter

• IDPA SO/MD, NRA RSO
  • Top Forum Member
  • CZ75...the choice of anime's hottest bounty hunter
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 01:01:31 PM »
Guess what I voted (hint: check my avatar)  ;D

I too was surprised at some of the missing guns...and some of the obscure ones that did make the list.
If the women don't find you handsome...they should at least find you handy.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 01:05:17 PM »
Haz-

I'm sorry, but you can't make the case that Hi-Point should be on a list like this. This is supposed to be their take on the best of the best in 9mm pistols, and there is no way that a Hi-Point belongs on any top 25 list like that...... Especially when you look at all of the great guns that are left off the list (SIG P226 P229 P2022 P210, Browning HP, Para, Khar, etc).

Yes, you make some good points about Hi-Point, but I still don't think they belong in a discussion about best of breed. The price ($100-$150) is without a doubt amazing for anything that has the possibility to throw lead down range. However, reliability is still iffy at best. I have never owned one, but from what I hear it all depends on if you get a good one or not...... They are either wonderfully reliable or a steaming pile of crap. With that kind of reputation, I certainly wouldn't trust my life to one, and they certainly shouldn't be on a top 25 list in place of the above fore mention guns. 

---------------> There is also a peoples choice list on that site that has the Browning HP voted as #1

http://www.best9mm.com/pistolvote.html

Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 01:11:39 PM »
E12,

It is not a 'best of the best" list.

Here are the 'rules' from the site;

The rules: The guns must be great shooters, reliable, good quality, and cost less than $550 USD new from a gun dealer. The $550 rule will exclude many fine 9mm pistols and competition guns. If you don't agree or have other choices, you can sound off in the Guest Book. Enjoy. 

As to 'what you've heard', c'mon E12, you know better than that.  I've 'heard' all Glocks blow up.  Do I believe it?

I am giving you direct, actual experience with the gun.  They shoot.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 01:15:23 PM »
Well Haz, there's a problem with the list if they have to be great shooters because they've got the SR9 on the list and it doesn't shoot AT ALL...not till I get my damn box!
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 01:22:15 PM »
E12,

It is not a 'best of the best" list.

Here are the 'rules' from the site;

The rules: The guns must be great shooters, reliable, good quality, and cost less than $550 USD new from a gun dealer. The $550 rule will exclude many fine 9mm pistols and competition guns. If you don't agree or have other choices, you can sound off in the Guest Book. Enjoy. 

As to 'what you've heard', c'mon E12, you know better than that.  I've 'heard' all Glocks blow up.  Do I believe it?

I am giving you direct, actual experience with the gun.  They shoot.

I have to comment here Haz. I've fired 2 Highpoint 9MM's my air soft pistol is more reliable, with that I expect to rack the slide for every shot. Maybe you got the only good one they made, in my experience they are, less accurate, unreliable, and overweight. For someone on a tight budget they MAY be better than no gun at all, but only slightly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk